QU-16 sudden freakout (crazy faders)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-16 sudden freakout (crazy faders)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Hi all

I work in a small venue with a QU-16 and am in a bit of a panic; as of one hour ago the mixer started to basically go crazy. It’s refusing to recognise separate mixes; any change I make on one mix sets all other mixes to the same levels. It also randomly sent the FOH Master all the way to the top creating hellish feedback. It’s muting things when i’m not pressing anything too, and when I go to the GEQ it’s setting all bands to zero without me touching them. heeeeeeeeelp!

I’ve done a hard reset but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas what I can try next?

Thanks a lot

M

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What firmware version are you running?

If your running an old version, update. If your running the current
    version re-install it.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

In similar cases with PCs and related gear I always unplug the power for a minute and then plug it back in and reboot.
    Sometimes that actually fixes the problem.
    Else, like @mikec said update the firmware andor reinstall it first.
    Failing that fixing it then I suggest opening a trouble ticket.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

This, unfortunately, sounds like a hardware issue as the hard reset hasn’t helped.

I would suggest contacting your local distributor to arrange a service. You can find their details here: https://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/

Thanks
    Alex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.