QU-16 Simultaneous playback while USB streaming into DAW

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-16 Simultaneous playback while USB streaming into DAW

This topic contains 29 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rocker rocker 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Brosco, actually not. Qu acts as an interface that works with a DAW. The Qu is not a DAW in itself, it is an I/O device.

I do have to say that it took me a few minutes to find the input switch to get the USB streaming into my Qu. I could not find this in the manual: in the Processing screen, press the Fn button, now labeled SOURCE. There you can choose the input source among Local, d-Snake, and USB-B for streaming.

This seems to be one area where the manual is weak. IOf it is more obvious can you point me to it in the Manual, Nicola? On page 26, the Processing screen sction, it does not even show the SOURCE label for the inout select, so I would never have found this in the manual – I had to poke around on the Qu itself to find how to get the playback to show up! The manual needs updating to match the Qu itself in V1.1.

Lou

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Hey @Lou

See Page 15 and 16 on the Manual, under the section: “Channel Preamp source” you will find it! I think it is exactly where you should search it in the manual!

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Thanks! Right you are. I went to the tpuch screen section instead. On page 28 it does not show the source option on the Fn key – perhaps it is just that image that needs updating.

In any case, I need to read the manual from front to back again to see these things. Thanks, eotsskleet!

Interesting the way people use the @ sign. It isn’t part of my name, and I don’t use those places where @ and # are needed… just an older guy I guess. 😉

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That means that his comments is addressing you, Lou. “@Lou” = “at Lou” = “to Lou”
    🙂

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

Any way of fast forwarding / rewinding a recording on the Qu-16? What looks like FF just takes you to the next file…..

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I only discovered that we can tip on the progress bar to jump to another point 🙂 (I’m new to touch screens). But no fast forwarding or rewinding so far.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Just to say that I justr finished mixing a live show from Pro Tools 9 in my Qu – recording to a stereo track in PT while playing back 12 tracks from a gig. Overdubbing coul dbe done the same way. Worked great!

Profile photo of vicky
    vicky
    Participant

hi there
    can some help me with the setting for PT and QU16
    i can record multi track on my PT but can not playback anything frm PT to QU16

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Hi Vicki. Have you enabled the USB input for each channel on the Qu?

Lou

Profile photo of vicky
    vicky
    Participant

ya i that but still can’t get any thing on the QU16

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Selected to correct outputs in PT? See ,y post abobe about the SOURCE selecti0n in the input window?

Can anyone else make suggestions? I know I had it working fine, but it is packed away at the moment.

Profile photo of rocker
    rocker
    Participant

hi everyone!

i need some help, i would like to know the following: after a 16 tracks + LR recording to qu-drive, it is possible to playback those 16 tracks from/through qu-drive, mix them in qu-16 (mixdown) and record the main LR (stereo) to DAW? how do i make the routing in qu-16 (assign channels) for that?

many thanx for your time.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

In terms of playback the source screen (Select channel 1, then the processing screen, then the Fn button) is your friend.
    Select all channels (bottom left) and then tap USB to get all the channels reading from USB rather than local/dSnake.

IIRC there is an option on the left of the bottom of the screen “Global USB source” – select Q Drive.

Then plug in the DAW and you should get the raw channels and LR as you normally would – I think…

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Important note: select your global output source to choose what exactly should transfered to you DAW! (probably post compressor and wit follow mute and follow fader on!)

Profile photo of rocker
    rocker
    Participant

it’s not working… 🙁 i playback through the qu-drive, i have all the signals of the all single tracks on ‘studio one’, but when i put the ‘studio one’ recording the mix that i did on qu-16, it records only the first track/channel (kick)… its very weird… 🙁 and i don’t even get also the main LR of qu-16 on ‘studio one’, and this one is the one i really want, because has my mix… :-p

there is any one who can help me? step by step.. :-p

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.