QU-16 Not Showing in Playback Device Selection Window

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-16 Not Showing in Playback Device Selection Window

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I recently got an i9 10900 64 GB computer (Windows) for use with an Allen & Heath QU-16 and Pro Tools. If I restart or let the computer sleep, the QU-16 will often not show in the playback device selection window, despite selecting it as the default option. When it does not show, I’m unable to work in Pro Tools.

Sometimes getting the QU-16 to appear is as simple as unplugging & re-plugging in the USB and network cables connecting the console with the computer. When this does not work, my workaround is to uninstall and reinstall the ASIO compatible QU driver, version 4.86.0.

I’d appreciate any insights on how to get the QU to consistently show in the playback device selection window.

Thanks!

-Dave

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

first of all… disable sleep mode.
    It doesn’t work predictable and reliable on many audio computers using USB audio connections.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.