QU-16 news

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-16 news

This topic contains 25 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Ah, two places along with ZZounds and GC where I never shop. Refund would be nice for we who paid 2499!

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

Free cat 5 stage box for everyone who paid full price seems fair, no? 🙂

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

I called AMS and yes the price has dropped to $1999.00 and I asked so what about the Buyers that paid $2499.00 just a few months ago.. He said sorry .. This is our Holiday present from A & H.

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

C’mon, guys…let’s be reasonable. It’s painful to have paid that much more, yes, but how long would you have had to own it for you to be comfortable with a price drop? How long after you drive out of a gas station do you no longer feel like you can drive back and ask for a refund since they dropped the price right after you filled up?

Personally, I hope they give us a $500 credit toward features that were promised and features that were asked for.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Kind of surprised several major retailers are holding their price. Savy shoppers should catch on. This news did not stir the discussion I expected it to.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

I imagine that if they lowered the wholesale cost, those who purchased stock at the old price will want to sell them off first. Anyone know what the wholsale cost was, and what it is now?
    <L>

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Lou. As a dealer I know I just can’t reveal it. I will say the margins for dealers is not near as good as before.

Profile photo of jraymond
    jraymond
    Participant

It would be interesting to know the reason behind the price drop. If it’s just to be more competitive in that market segment or some other reason. I doubt we would hear from A&H on this though.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Not prying, just curious. I understand!

Profile photo of 0liver
    0liver
    Participant

Any likelihood that this new price will get passed onto Canadian dealers?

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

The price went in the opposite direction for Australia – started at a retail of $3499, is now $3999… street price is generally around $2900 here (speaking as a dealer, that’s the pricing I keep seeing around the web), we always pay more than US due to market size etc, but it still hurts to watch the discussion 😉
    Can’t wait for the next frame size up to launch though, it’ll make all that worthwhile!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.