QU-16 Mix send

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-16 Mix send

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rockstaff
    Rockstaff
    Participant

I’ve been using my QU-16 for a few months and things are going well. Recently however, I’ve noticed that only one channel is showing a level on my fx1 return when using a qu-you apps, which my musicians use to control their iem mixes. FX1 is routed to all mixes, but I can’t seem to get any other channel other than channel 1 to show an on-screen level in the fx return. I’ve checked all my settings and the routing seems identical on all channels. I’m obviously missing something very simple. Can anyone offer sime guidance please?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Are you confusing the words channel and mix in that post – I’m not quite sure what the issue is…

Rockstaff
    Participant

Hi, I’ll try to explain better, sorry. All input channels are routed to every mix. My musicians are on IEM’s and they control their mixes via the qu-you apps on their iphones/tablets. The fx return shows up in their apps, but only shows a level when their is an inout level on channel 1. If there is anything happening on any of the remaining channels no input shows on the fx return channel. The channels all work in the main mix as the necessary sources all have fx’s, but the team are struggling to control the level of fx in their mixes as a result of channels apparently not driving the fx to mix.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

What’s routed to the FX? Sounds like it is only sent to from Ch1…

Rockstaff
    Participant

I’ve @ 6, or 7 channels routed to fx1 and all have the effect on them through the LR main mix.

When auditioning each separate aux mix.only the single from channel 1 shows on the fx return.

I’ve checked the routing, but can’t find the missing link.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Have you routed FX1 to all the separate output mixes?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Have you routed FX1 to all the separate output mixes?

That’s what he was trying to discribe…

Rockstaff
    Participant

I thought I had. Can you remind me of how/where I should do this please?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

on the desk is a button on the left where you can quick check your routings right under the pre/post button
    it’s labeld Assign
    press corresponding mix button…to view or toggle the mix assignments,
    means on/off for the Aux and FX sends and on off for routing to stereo bus

I have no acces to the i-Pad App…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.