QU 16 into Protools for Live Stream as well as Venue

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU 16 into Protools for Live Stream as well as Venue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rick Rick 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

Not sure if I’m in the right section, so please direct me if I’m in the wrong spot.

Basically, I’m trying to run a live show using the QU 16 as my main board which I’ve done many times, always works great. Now I’m trying to integrate a live stream set up as well using the USB B out on the back. I’m running into Protools so I can have a separate mix feeding the livestream without changing the live mix in the room. I’m running into a few obstacles while trying to do so, so it leaves me with a few questions.

1) Is it possible to change the source of the headphone playback? If I could change the headphone playback to monitor my laptops mix without changing the room mix, that would be ideal, since I could just go into my 4 channel headphone amp, giving me 2 sets of monitoring headphones as well as going TRS to TRS into my camera setup.

2)Is there a better way to do this? I’ve considered trying to create an aggregate I/O with another interface to feed the livestream, but I’d prefer not to if I don’t have to.

Thanks for any help and direction you could give me.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

You would need to output the stereo mix from your DAW to two channels on the Qu. You can then either route these channels to an output, then into a headphone amp. Or switch the PAFL on for the channels and monitor them useing the on board phones socket.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

Thank you for the help Alex!

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

Thank you for the help Alex!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.