QU-16 In The Studio

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-16 In The Studio

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rjeynes rjeynes 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mikey B
    Mikey B
    Participant

Sorry, I don’t get on here much… Not sure what you’re asking…

I go to each channel and right click over a function I want to control. Select remote control. Do the function on the board. Hit “learn”. Done.. Next function, same routine…. Like I said, it’s tedious, but then I save the template and use it each time I pull up a new session. I don’t link things like EQ, pan, etc, that will be set and left alone as I only use it for the mixing (pan being on the super strip, not sure it would work, haven’t tried)…. But each thing you do on the QU sends a midi signal (including each layer being different, so Mix1 controls can be assigned differently than say LR)…

I had some serious issues until I installed and uninstalled a newer version of Sonar… Since then, working on Sonar 8 has been simple…

Profile photo of Mikey B
    Mikey B
    Participant

So, for example,
    I right click over the “mute” for channel 1 on Sonar
    Click on “remote control”
    Push the mute on and off on the QU’s channel 1
    hit “learn” on the sonar remote screen
    Pushing mute on QU channel 1 now mutes and unmutes sonar channel 1

The Sonar 8 program does not control the QU surface… Not sure if it can… Let me know if you get that happening.. I haven’t tried, but it would be great for

Profile photo of rjeynes
    rjeynes
    Participant

Many thanks. I was hoping someone had found a way to use the super strip and a broader set of the Qu’s controls to operate Sonar. I’ve found the Midi spec for the Qu24, but it looks a complex job! I’ll update you if I have any success in getting communication in the other direction

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.