Qu 16 in recording studio

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu 16 in recording studio

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mrvoltz Mrvoltz 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andino
    Andino
    Participant
    Profile photo of Andino
    Andino
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I’m thinking of buying the qu 16 for my studio, but can not find a manual or detailed explanation of the mixer for recording studio, someone who can help me?
    Greetings to all

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

I use the Qu-Drive to record “live” tracks in the studio regularly. I use a SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 128GB flashdrive; transfer these files to my DAW and do all my edits on computers. The Qu-16 is easy to use for tracking and allows for wonderful headroom! Other than that, download the manual and keep searching The Forum. There is plenty of info available. I learned most of what I do by just going for it.

Profile photo of Andino
    Andino
    Participant

thank you very much

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The full manual is a sizeable PDF, and is worth a read.

The paper that comes with the desk is not so detailed

Profile photo of Andino
    Andino
    Participant

Thanks,

I downloaded the manual but is much Qu 16 refers to the recording studio mode, is more directed to live. There is another manual

Profile photo of Andino
    Andino
    Participant

I want to use the Qu-16 as a control surface for Protools and let me know if I can record 16 simultaneous channels, such as a drums? ….
    Also I saw a video on A & H where they show how to set for protools and settings window where the buffer size is adjusted appears that they could not change that was already defined, and it is necessary to modify the largest possible size for use pro tools plugins, this is so?

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

You should be able to use the console as a control device with a few settings as it does support DAW control and yes you can record 16 channels, actually 18 as it includes a stereo mix also, from USB to computer or to a flashdrive formatted for QU drive on the console.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.