Qu-16 help

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-16 help

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 41 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

Try this, press the Mix 5/6 button and set all channels going to Mix 5/6 to post fader. Then set all of the faders for the Mix 5/6 to 0dB….any change you make to the main FOH LR mix will be mirrored with the exception of the master LR fader. You can use the Mix 5/6 fader as your “master fader” for your IEM. Hope this helps. Jeff

Hello! So I have to set all faders on LR to POST? Or all faders in mix 5/6 to POST?
    Thank you very much!

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

set all channels of Mix 5/6 to post fader.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I made the following video for you,….
    in this example I am using mix 9/10 instead of mix 5/6
    but any of the stereo mixes can be used this way.

Profile photo of Jline
    Jline
    Participant

Nice Video! Good explanation.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Dan, have you ever thought of going on TV?
    Lol, nicely done:)

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Notice I didn’t show my ugly mug ha ha ha ha!
    You too funny 🙂

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

Hello!

What is typicall Q setting (on Lowmids and Highmids) on analogue mixing consoles, where you can’t change Q setting? Is it same, or close to qu-16 default setting?

Thanks!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Just looking at a few manuals I have:

A&H (Wiz & GL) seem to go for Q=1.8 – (Couldn’t find any figures for my Zed)
    Soundcraft (GB4) seem to favour Q=1.5
    Midas (Venice) about Q=1.4 (though the stereo line in seems to be about 1)

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

Another question:

How do you deal with lack of naming per channel on Qu-16? I know naming is coming with 1.5 version, but I am thinking on naming on surface (for example Behringer X32 has small screen on each channel where you can name/colour/picture channel). Do you use normal tape like on analogue consoles, or something more innovative? I was thinking of small magnets, so you could move them from channel to channel, does that sound like a bad idea? Or even to put plastic paper on the place under faders, so I can write channels with special pen and just delete and rewrite channels?

What are your experiences:)

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

Hello!

How does stereo recording work on Qu-16? Is there any option I could get my recordings louder? After recording I listen it with headphones on computer, but they are quite silent. Can I raise a volume of recordings on console, or I have to raise it in program on computer?

Thanks!

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Hey Knga,
    Check this out:)

QU24/16 scribble strips

Profile photo of Sheriton
    Sheriton
    Participant

Desk recordings from digital desks will almost always sound quite quiet as, assuming you use sensible gain structure, you’ll be peaking at around -12dBfs. Commercial recordings peak right at 0dBfs and are compressed to within an inch of their life (and sometimes beyond!) and so will always sound massively louder. Just take your recording in to your DAW of choice, apply a little compression / limiting if necessary and turn it up until it’s peaking just below 0dBfs.

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

Yesterday I recorded multitrack of my band playing one song, because we wanted to hear how it sounds in FOH and make some eq adjustments and so on. I played back multitrack recording, but levels were really high, system was cliping, I had to reduce volume a lot (when playing normal, everything was ok). What do I have to do, to hear as similar sound we play as possible? So I can adjust everything with Ipad app, when walking in FOH.

Thanks!

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

did you record it with the qu-drive or with USB-B Port to a computer? reason could be too high gain on the console or in combination with USB-B Port recording that in your recording software the volumes are too high!

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

I recorded it with Qu-drive, and played back recording.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.