Qu-16 freezing on input layer and then totally locking up

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-16 freezing on input layer and then totally locking up

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of The Yeti
    The Yeti
    Participant

Hi All – hoping somebody might be able to help.

I have a QU-16 that has worked well for past 4 years. Two weeks ago during a live show I went to change to the input layers on the desk and the desk locked up. Sliders stopped moving and I couldn’t toggle between layers or mixes. If I selected a mix or main channels the light would indicate I was on that but the sliders remained in the same place. After multiple reboots of the desk, it would kick back in again and the sliders would move to the expected locations. This happened numerous times over the past 3 live shows until last weekend the desk froze completely after a reboot and is now just stuck on the A&H QU-16 logo on the touchscreen, all channels muted and nothing responding.

The firmware is up to date and the issue happened both when an external hard drive was connected and also when it wasn’t. Same thing with the wireless router. Issue did also happen when router was disconnected.

If anybody has any recommendations on how to resolve this, I would greatly appreciate any advice….. it’s a great bit of equipment ….. when it works.

Issue is similar to that in this older post

And is pretty much exactly the same as this video.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m sorry to hear this happened. This is most likely caused by a hardware issue, so please contact your distributor to arrange a service.

You can find their contact details by selecting your country from the list here: https://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/

Thanks
    Alex

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.