QU 16 for use as performer…

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU 16 for use as performer…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Marko3182 Marko3182 8 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Marko3182
    Marko3182
    Participant

I think want to make the step from analogue (Mackie CFx12) to digital.

I play guitar and lead sing in a band and also perform as a acoustic solo act and DJ.

I predominantly do the sound myself for the band and my solo act.

Is the Qu16 the way forward?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Yes. If it has all the inputs & outputs your band needs.

Unless you think you’ll end up doing all your mixing from an iPad (or Android Tablet), in which case you’ll save some dosh, space & get a few extra features from the Qu-Pac.

There are, of course, some things that Qu desks don’t do, that others will (mp3 playback springs to mind), and vice versa, but nothing to stop me using them.

Marko3182
    Participant

Thanks man.

It does have all the ins and outs we need. And I’m quite sure I will learn how to operate it reasonably easily.

I just don’t want to buy something that I will not get the full use from…

I have looked at the analogue mixwizard (but think I would rather go digital) and also the QSC Touchmix 16.
    But not sure how that compares to the qu16??

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’ve always thought the QSC looks interesting and know somebody on another forum who has one & loves it. But I’ve never used one, or even heard one as far as I know.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I highly suggest the Qu16 over the Touchmix

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

+1 to dpdan.

One thing I’ve read about the touchmix is that it’s not multi-touch (it can’t deal with you touching more than one part of the screen at a time. This means you can’t adjust 2 faders at the same time, which in my book is a deal breaker.

Profile photo of chasingangus
    chasingangus
    Participant

I too am a stage performer and mix from stage. I use the QU-16 with the QU-PAD app and fight it very easy and intuitive. I went from a Mix Whiz to the QU-16 …. I was motivated by the inclusion of PEQ, gate, comps and GEQ on all channels…
    However the biggest advantage i now find is the ability to save the show file and all I/O settings and instantly recall them … It has fundamentally eliminated sound check and the only fader that I tend to use during the show is the Master. My band members all use I phones so I have enabled them with QU you apps and they can do there own monitor mix ….Sound quality is good….and does not give up anything to the mix whiz…It is not a Digico or Midas but not close to that $$$…Teamed up with some powered boxes it makes a very portable, reliable and easy to use rig !!!! Just make sure you keep updating firmware on desk and APPs so they always sync!!

Profile photo of mikegubman
    mikegubman
    Participant

I’m in a similar boat as the OP. I went from analog board to the Qu-16 and loving it so far! The ability to record multitrack without needing a computer is amazing. The channel strip is great too. I spent about 2 hours learning the board and then went straight to my first gig with it and it performed very well.

Marko3182
    Participant

Thanks for the replies… Very helpful to hear from people in same situation as myself.
    Looks like I’m about to spend £1500!!
    🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.