Qu-16 Firmware Update

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-16 Firmware Update

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jet1968 jet1968 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kai
    kai
    Participant

Got my Qu-16 today and wanted to do a firmware update as described. (format usb drive with qu-16, download latest firmware QU-16 FIRMWARE V1.73 into root directory of usb drive, ran the update as described)
    As described the screen went blank and the Pan control indicators flash in sequence.
    That’s two hours ago and the Pan control indicators are still flashing – the mixer didn’t reboot so far…
    Is it normal, that the firmware update takes so long? Or should I switch the mixer off and repeat the procedure?

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

I had that happen to me once. IIRC, I pulled the USB stick and then did the shut-down, did a new download, re-loaded the stick with ONLY the new firmware and tried again…successfully.

Make sure you’re using an A&H approved stick.

I assume it’s possible to get a glitch in a download.

Profile photo of kai
    kai
    Participant

Thank you very much – that seemed to work!

Profile photo of schnarky
    schnarky
    Participant

Also wanted to add my thanks. Same situation. I first installed firmware on a drive and tried the update. Got flashing lights but no action.
    Removed drive, formatted drive then re-sent the download this time cutting it from dl folder and pasting onto the newly formatted drive.
    Did the Utility->firmware->update and voila~ I am now online and running my board from my Galaxy S6Edge and an iPad. It is so much better to EQ from the instrument instead of standing at the board or having someone who doesn’t know your instrument (drums in my case) doing the striking for your sound check. NOW I can hear what is going on as I modify the FX and EQ. Thanks much! @schnarkymark

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

how does that work? surely you are behind the PA, seems an odd place to make EQ settings for out front?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Don’t you know? Musicians only care what it sounds like in their monitors or ears. They really don’t care what it sounds like in the FOH. :).

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

Lol…true !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.