QU-16 Editor?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QU-16 Editor?

This topic contains 100 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of fxk fxk 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fxk
    fxk
    Participant

After another set of back-to-back festivals, I humbly renew the request for an offline editor for the QU platform. Those are busy times, many times with bands showing up with a scribbled stage-plot hour(s) before taking to the stage. How nice it would be to be able to build a scene for that band while mixing the band already on stage. The 10-15 minute changeover is tight enough without trying to set scribble strips, and pre-setting library settings.

The saying “A failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” just does not work. More like “The show must go on” regardless of the number of cats being herded.

Please consider this for near-future implementation. Sure would be nice…
    frank

Profile photo of audiokla
    audiokla
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Singviech
    Singviech
    Participant

Editor -> great!!

Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

Even a simple utility to convert / validate scene file from / to, e.g. XML format would be useful.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

If we can do that then someone else can write an editor…

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Even a simple utility to convert / validate scene file from / to, e.g. XML format would be useful.

Yes, being able to get a print out of a scene would be really handy. For GLD too. I did have a look at the format, but it is a fairly archane binary dump format, which is not easy to parse 🙁

Profile photo of Singviech
    Singviech
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

I’d also like the editor. Qu-Pad only gives you Wi-Fi access, which is not always reliable even at 5G. A laptop at FOH connected with Cat5e to a Qu-Pac! Does it get any smaller for a stable 32 channel setup? I have an iLive rig when the customer requires more processing.

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon
    Participant

We really need the editor!!! Please!!! It was quite painful programming the Qu-Pac….

Profile photo of losound
    losound
    Participant

+___We really need the editor!!!
    Right, as it is very slowsome,
    How has it for Soundcraft Yamaha

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I know this sounds a little crazy but not really when you think about it.
    If you guys are doing battle of the bands and festivals with lots of groups and virtually no time between….
    it is reasonable to assume that you are being paid halfway decent for the job to provide sound. As affordable as these QU mixers are, I am assuming you guys are using an AR2412 boxes with them too…
    get a second console and purple box, set the mixers side by side (FOH) and get your next band set up on it while you are
    running the other band, then switch the D snake cable to the other purple box. Just make sure that the masters on the “go to”
    console are no higher than the one in use… as far as outputs are concerned, these could be tied together with an isolation transformer box.

I personally have not done this, but it should work flawlessly.
    Whoever hired you for sound will be massively impressed.

shoot me now 🙂

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

In the multiple-group/line check>GO situation, I will not work it unless there is shared backline. The only real change I’ll accept is the left-handed drummer, otherwise everyone uses the same kit and amps.

There’s not enough money to pay me to do it any other way.

Profile photo of fxk
    fxk
    Participant

Bang.
    No, not using a stagebox.
    Before I buy a second QU as you suggested, I’d get a Soundcraft or Behringer which already have the offline editor.

Why does A&H pretend these are not “pro” boxes?

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

never mind…

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

fxk…

you got me 🙂

I feel sorry for you if you get a Behringer piece o’

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.