QU-16 Click Track

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-16 Click Track

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

What is the best way to feed a click track into IEM’s without the click being audible to the audience? Of course I would like to hear everything else that is going on as well (other instruments, vocals, etc.) Since I have never done this before and now own a QU-16, I would like to know how you guys do it. Thanks!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

On your main LR mix fader is down all the way. On each mix that feeds an IEM press it and raise click up to desired level. That’s it.

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

Hi, Thanks for that however, I am afraid I don’t understand. Please forgive my ignorance, but If I turn the main LR mix fader all the way down, how will the sound/music get out to the FOH speakers?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

You said you wanted the click not in the FOH. The LR master would be set to normal position for all the other channels. Only the click channel is turned down or off.

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

Ok, I am an idiot. I understand now. I need to stop thinking analog mixers and start thinking digital. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Then turn the click channel up in the IEM mixes

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

For a click I would also turn OFF the routing to LR, and any wedges, you really don’t want any slip up….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.