QU-16 Channels assigned to Mute Group but

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-16 Channels assigned to Mute Group but

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LesWilson LesWilson 3 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LesWilson
    LesWilson
    Participant

New QU-16 so I am confident this is a NOOOB error. After Googling and reviewing tutorials, I followed the Mixer Reference Guide instructions on pages 43-44 to assign all 16 channels to Mute Grp 1 using the Mute Group Assign Tab. All 16 channels on the MUTE GRP 1 tab are “IN”.

On the MUTE/DCA GROUP ASSIGN tab, the softkeys are indicated as being assigned to the MUTE GROUPS. Mute Group 1 is “IN” and the Softkey column has a green checkmark.

When I hit SOFTKEY 1, it lights up red and the MUTE GROUP 1 button on the HOME screen goes red. The reference guide says “The Mute key will flash red if the channel is muted by a Mute or DCA Group.”

I do not get the flashing Mute key or any visual indication of the MUTE action. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? TIA.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Does the input signal get muted on the mute group channels?
    Have you tried other mute groups?
    Make sure your on the input layer of the board.

LesWilson
    Participant

I’ll be on site today and double check those. I am pretty sure the input layer was selected as it’s all I use.

LesWilson
    Participant

I think I must have been on the wrong layer as you suggest. When I made sure I was on the input layer, none of my assignments showed up. After making them, things worked as they should. Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.