Qu-16 bug?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-16 bug?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Hello

Yesterday i used my qu16 (latest firmware) on a live gig.
    I used six inputs (channels 1-6) and all the other channels empty.
    After approximatelly one hour of use, i saw faders 15-16 rised up and channels 15-16 are linked! But there are not in tha same level, for example channel 15 was 0db kai channel 16 -10db.
    I can’t image what whould happened if i have “used” that channels, with mics or instruments!
    Have you faced something like that?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Nope…

Could they have been knocked? Were they completely linked?

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

No knocked and yes was completely linked!

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

So did you see them move up?
    Was there a network connection (i.e. could someone have been using Qu-Pad)

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Yes i saw them moved up, and no network connection, only multitrack recording with qu-drive.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Very odd. We have seen noise on unconnected ST3 when the QUDrive has been in use, I wonder if this is similar cause?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Very interesting, had a similar experience recently. Hooked up the Qu32 at home via both dSnake and LAN switched (see other thread) through the ethernet cable into the stagebox which only has a stereo input (23&24) and LR output used to play music (testing setup). Everything running through a UPS.

Nobody was even close to the mixer and nothing connected through WLAN either but suddenly music was off and the linked fades 23&24 were set to bottom, and only these two. Observed this exactly once over weeks…

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

QU32, and it was 23&4…

That’s not the “right hand end” which was my suspicion wrt QUDrive interference…

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

I also noticed this behavior (movement of faders) when i connect the mixer via usb to pc.
    I’m very confused and disappointed because is a SERIOUS bug especially for live use!

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

“When I connect”

Do you mean in the process of connecting, or when it has been connected?

I’ve not seen either…

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

I mean when it has been connected, not always but sometimes.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

While I do not like to dredge up older posts I do want to say that I have also experienced a similar issue with linked channels on my Qu 16. I was on a job in April and had channels 9 and 10 linked fully. While I was sitting there, not even touching the console, the two channel faders went from unity gain to -inf. The channels in question were not passing audio at the time and there were no scenes created. This is with firmware v1.7 installed.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Is this always linked faders ?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes..
    Happened to me ONCE only (QU32) just after I had connected to Mac “i think” as I have used both in studio.
    I thought mmm don’t wanna write home about that?
    too much work to do…
    so cold boot and …. all has been sweet on that system
    but I dont use that scenario QU32 every day
    however I do Use a QU16 nearly every day as a side car midi driver and never missed a beat.

SO… i am wanting to know from… after owners have upgraded their firmware, do users ALWAYS do a cold boot?

I know their are other threads about quirks, however my experience is or has been to MANDATORY do a cold boot after firmware update!

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

dhak, what do you mean by a “cold boot”?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.