QU 16 + Audio Hijack for Shoutcast streaming

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU 16 + Audio Hijack for Shoutcast streaming

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hans85
    Hans85
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Sometimes im singing at bars, for that reason my father give me a flight case with my condensator microphones and wireless shure microphones in it and a new Allen & Heath QU 16 mixer. So I have something to do in corona time. Let I start that I know for sure something about the mixer. I Start from nowhere and know now how to put my source in it and bring it to the speakers for live performing. Everything for that is fine. I have now a totally other problem with the mixer.

My situation: I have a Shoutcast stream server and I use normal Audio Hijack on my macbook to send a signal out. I want send now the sound of the mixer to the macbook for that program. So the backing tracks and the microphones. But I try everything but don’t know anymore how to do that. Can somebody help me in this please.

Thnx already for reading and sorry for maybe my bad English.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I take it that you want to playback multitrack audio files to use them
    as backing tracks.

If so how many tracks?

Using the rear panel USB B jack you send multitrack audio into the mixer.
    Go into the preamp source menu and select USB B for the needed input channels / tracks.

Profile photo of Hans85
    Hans85
    Participant

Thnx for your reaction.

I use 4 channels with sound on it who must be stream. 2 channels to connect my iPad to the mixer, on the iPad stand the backing tracks. The 2 other channels are microphones. I use the USB B / printer cable to connect it to my computer on this moment. My macbook recognize it because he says QU 16 interface.

But I understand that I must do something with PreAmp Source??

Profile photo of Hans85
    Hans85
    Participant

Thnx for your reaction.

I use 4 channels with sound on it who must be stream. 2 channels to connect my iPad to the mixer, on the iPad stand the backing tracks. The 2 other channels are microphones. I use the USB B / printer cable to connect it to my computer on this moment. My macbook recognize it because he says QU 16 interface.

But I understand that I must do something with PreAmp Source??

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

In the pre amp source select screen available at any input channel is where you set the input source for that channel, all the mix input channels are displayed and you can select from local inputs, D snake box inputs or the USB either the QU Drive or the rear panel USB B connection.
    The USB B input channels are 1 to 1 with the mixer input channels so you will need to know the channels/tracks you need to assign from the USB B to the corresponding input
    channel.

Profile photo of Hans85
    Hans85
    Participant

Thnx, but the the input is there, I have sound when I listen with a headphone directly to the speaker. But that sound must send to my macbook. I want send that sound and microphones with the software Audio Hijack to the Shoutcast.

Profile photo of Hans85
    Hans85
    Participant

Hello everybody,

Last year i have get a new (and my first) Allen & Heath QU 16 in a flightcase. I have put my microphones on it and all my other stuff. For the look i have make in drawing from it. Now i have a problem. I want make radio with a shoutcast streaming who i already got. For that broadcasting i normal use the Macbook program called Audio Hijack.

I open the program Audio Hijack and set the input to the SQ 16 he already show up by himself. Now there is something strange. The program caputure my 3 microphones on channel 1, 2 and 6. I use a box who make stereo sound from the signal of the ipad (Backingtracks) and bring it to the mixer on channel 15 and 16.

All those sound i want to bring to the computer who is connect with the USB. The Audio Hijack on the computer gets the signal of the microphones in channel 1, 2 and 6 but he dont get the signal from the channels 15 & 16 where my backingstracks are comming in. When im listing to my monitor from the mixer i can hear the backingtracks.

What do i wrong? I hope somebody can help me!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Ok I thought you needed to set up multitrack playback into the mixer.

Do you want to send a full audio mix to the mac book or individual tracks of audio.

I’m thinking it’s a full mix you want to send to the mac book.

To do that you need to go into the IO set up menu, under the USB tab select in the track 1 and 2 boxes L in 1 and R in 2. You select the box and use the rotary knob to change the setting.

Most streaming software I have used will pick the audio up from tracks 1 & 2.

Profile photo of Hans85
    Hans85
    Participant

What software do you use and is it for Mac?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What software do you use and is it for Mac?

For live video streaming and or video recording the two I see the most of
    are OBS (Open Broadcast Software) and Wirecast.

Shoutcast appears to be an audio only broadcast software. I have never used it in a
    system but I’m guessing the audio input is similar to the video streaming software
    I have used.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.