Qu-16 and ICE-16?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-16 and ICE-16?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lou Lou 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ken
    Ken
    Participant

I was looking at the ICE-16. I’m curious how that would work with the Qu-16 since there are no direct outs for each channel? I read through the manual and it doesn’t seem like there’s a way to do this easily? I see Qu-Drive on the USB drive on the front panel of the ICE-16 but I don’t see a way to connect the USB there to the USB on the console to enable multi-track recording. It appears the only way to connect is via direct outs per channel which the Qu-16 doesn’t have. Anyone use one of these with the Qu-16?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Not that I’m aware of – but what does the ICE do that QuDrive doesn’t?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Ken,
    Qu-Drive can record up to 18 tracks direct to a USB drive, so essentially the Qu-16 already incorporates ICE-16’s functions.
    ICE-16 was designed to interface with analogue mixers really.
    Is there any specific application why you would like to use them together?

Profile photo of Ken
    Ken
    Participant

i dont think so – after looking at it a little more it doesn’t seem to fit the need I was thinking. I was intrigued by the interface possiblity for DAW to replace some gear I already have but it’s not near as robust and initially i was thinking that this thing included the storage. Price tag is way steep for what it does. For an extra $700 you can have the entire Qu-16 console.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

yes – but you have a significant proportion of a QU there anyway.

All the preamps and ADCs have to be in there somewhere…

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

ICE-16 does not have preamps, only line level analog inputs. You don’t need it when you have Qu-drive as has been said. There is a USB2 output if you need backup.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.