QU-16, 24, 32 and QU-Pac

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-16, 24, 32 and QU-Pac

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi,

Going to ask a question that I pretty much think I know the answer too, but I will ask it anyway.

I currently have a QU-16 and just recently sold a QU-24, so for the most part I am pro musician, but as and when I am required too I will provide PA hire with one or two other engineers, one of which has his own digital desk that we will use (X32). On some occasions I have gone out on my own with my QU-16 and done the show with that and my iPad.

So what I have been looking at is a QU-Pac, are you able to have the QU-Pac on the stage doubling up as a stage box like you can do with the X32 when using alongside the Producer and Compact? I think I have read somewhere that this isn’t possible straight out of the box, but could be done with a bit of patience?

I await your answers.

Thanks
    🙂

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

You are correct. It is not possible.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The Qu range are clock masters – it can’t double up, but if you are iPad mixing then it kind of is a mixer/stagebox…

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

An AB168 stage box will act as an input extender for the Qu-Pac, turning it from 16 inputs to 32 inputs. So a Qu-Pac paired with the stage box will give you a system with a flexible configuration. If you don’t miss the faders and like mixing with an iPad then this combination could serve your needs with a smaller footprint than the X32 scenario you mentioned. It would also be much lighter and easier to transport than a couple of Behringer consoles.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Thanks for all your answers.

We use the X32 because the lad who owns it doesn’t know his way around the QU desk and vice versa, I don’t know the layout of the X32. So what will normally happen is if we use the X32 is we will sometimes hire in a stage box, but I think my mate is looking at buying the Producer or Compact to act as a stagebox when out doing a multi band set up or theatre and as a small desk in a single band situation were an iPad is all that is needed. Plus, it saves on hiring equipment/or buying a stagebox that can only do one job.

I had a similar idea using the QU-Pac, but as I don’t mind using the iPad to mix, having the QU-Pac positioned on stage alongside an AB168 would suit me fine.

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.