Q16/Qlab and scene recall

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Q16/Qlab and scene recall

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gogo
    gogo
    Participant

I do have a problem with my Q16 when I am recalling a scene, let me explain .
    I am using Qlab to control my shows so are my light cues , via Midi.
    My Q16 is connected via USB to my MacBook Pro , when I change or recall a scene, from the mixer or Qlab via a control change midi message, the Q16 is sending something like 10 pages of midi messages to the computer. When this happen, All my light cues that are recorded in Qlab are delayed and that is a problem.
    Now, I know there is a way to send SysEx From Qlab to the Q16 via ethernet to recall scenes , but the more I am investigating on that, the more I get lost, I am not familiar with network protocol neither but I am trying to understand enough to do what I need to do.
    anyway,
    does anybody know what I am doing wrong here or have a solution to my problem.

thank you in advance !
    cheers !

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Gogo,

When a scene is recalled on the Qu, you are essentially recalling lots of different parameter settings at once and each of these setting changes will send out a MIDI message.

All you need to do to stop this from happening is stop any MIDI input from the Qu-16 into QLab. This way, QLab shouldn’t see any of the MIDI the Qu generates.

If you’d like more assistance with this, please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com.

Thanks!

Alex

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.