Q.O.S error on AR2412

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Q.O.S error on AR2412

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pilotspike pilotspike 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rey
    rey
    Participant

AR2412 “just recover from Q.O.S error” often show up on home screen. What is this message mean? Can somebody give a clue
    Sorry if my english not correct

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

have you ever “clear” this message? It normally shows up if a firmware update was done! in the homescreen you can “Clear” this message!

Profile photo of rey
    rey
    Participant

Alredy cleared, but keep showing again. The firmware is ver.1.40 updated about 1 or 2 mnth ago not sure exactly,rigth after updated I plug in the AR2412 and its automaticcally updated too, with the message that says updating succesfull. On my though updating only once with one vers, and its confirm succes. But why the message keep showing(the QOS error), so i think it’s something else go wrong. Last sunday service running 2 hrs and that message showed 2 times and 2 times cleared.

Profile photo of fornies
    fornies
    Participant

It might be referring to the network standard Quality Of Service which is used to make sure there is enough bandwidth for high priority data. Are you using any type of switch with the AR2412 or GLD? Also, a bad network cable might cause problems.

Profile photo of rey
    rey
    Participant

A bad network cable could be the problem, cause no switch used between mixer and audio rack, and I’m not using the original cable with ethercon. Thanks fornies

Q.O.S. = Quality of Service
    https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/425/0/gld-80–what-is-qos

If the problem continues, test with another cable, this could be the problem.
    If the cable is not the issue, please email a copy of the log files to the UK Product Support – https://allen-heath.helpserve.com
    Please included serial number details of desk and audioRack

Profile photo of rey
    rey
    Participant

I’ve replace the RJ45 connector, and so far no Q.O.S error message appear. Thanks all

Profile photo of pilotspike
    pilotspike
    Participant

I believe the that this can occur also based upon your power up sequence.

John

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

I believe the that this can occur also based upon your power up sequence.

Is this actually the case? I don’t see anything in the manual recommending a required, or even preferred, power up sequence. Is there a sequence that should be avoided?

Or are you suggesting that if you have a switch between the GLD and the AR you should power THAT up first? I could see that that might be a good idea.

Mike

Profile photo of pilotspike
    pilotspike
    Participant

When you power down if you power down the AR first, the console I believe will show QOS messages before you shut it down. I have done that where I shut the amp racks down (the location of one of my AR’s) and then when I got to the console to shut it down I was distracted by the QOS message until I had that DUH moment. 🙂

In the case of having a network switch between the console and AR, I don’t know as I don’t have that setup. It would be an interesting experiment however. I can see where if the switch were alive the console would have connectivity at its port, but if the AR weren’t then the console might throw a QOS. Thats kind of like saying I can talk to the network, but the AR is not answering. I am guessing on that though.

John

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.