Q-Drive Noise on QU-16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Q-Drive Noise on QU-16

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dre452 dre452 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tallen55
    tallen55
    Participant

I just started getting squeal type noise, not loud but irritating, with my Seagate hard drive plugged in to USB port for recording/playback on QU-16. As soon as the hard drive is recognized, it starts making the noise. I cant get it to stop. The hard drive seems to work fine on my computer. I have used this hard drive for a few months with no issues. I tried reformatting the drive and rebooting the QU-16. I dont have another hard drive to try for troubleshooting. Please help!

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Try another usb cable. Is this a portable hard drive or a powered desktop hard drive?

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Have you recorded on a drive connected to the USB port? Did it just start making the noise after successfuly recording before?

I understand the USB port is for feeding a computer, not running a disc drive. Check your manual! There is no disc management protocol on the USB B port…

tallen55
    Participant

It’s a portable drive. USB connection on it is different than any of my spare cables

tallen55
    Participant

Ok I meant the Q-drive port, on the top. It’s a usb port. And yes it just started making noise after many successful recordings before.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Try muting the ST3 channel input.

tallen55
    Participant

Muting ST3 fixed it. Thanks!

Profile photo of dre452
    dre452
    Participant

I have the same problem!

it started last weekend… any time the qu-drive light indicator flashes (while recording to usb, when first plugging in a drive) we can hear static through the st3 input, when recording to multitrack its a steady pulse about 80bpm
    when recording stereo its a very fast buzzing

never happened before

muting st3 will not suffice as we often will be playing music through that input while recording to usb

any ideas?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.