Q-Drive – Issue importing tracks to Pro Tools

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Q-Drive – Issue importing tracks to Pro Tools

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LKY LKY 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BassFace
    BassFace
    Participant

Hi,

I formatted a drive (not on the accepted list….) and successfully recorded 14 (18:) tracks of audio to it. I was also able to import these files into Pro Tools…..

The weird thing is that the waveforms would never generate…Using PT’s task manager it shows the task bar at 1% forever…..Open the session the next day and it’s still trying to generate waveforms.

I’ll try a blessed drive, but curious if anyone else has seen this anomaly. Drive used was a WD My Passport Ultra. Ill try the 1GB standard passport to see if that’s any better.

Thanks!

Profile photo of AlainBASS
    AlainBASS
    Participant

I had an issue with the same drive: it did record 18 tracks, but skipped portions of my recording (when it got ‘too busy’)

I would suggest trying it back on the mixing board (home/qu-drive/multitrack) and see if you can play it back from there… if not, the recording did not work properly. If it does, then… wait for the next suggestion from someone else because I don’t use PT.

In my case, I changed the drive for a Samsung SSD and it works beautifully now (I import into Audacity on my Mac)

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Try loading/playing one track through something simple – does it sound clean?

BassFace
    Participant

I can play back the imported files through Pro Tools…..They sound fine……the hang-up is generating the waveform visuals for the tracks.
    Thanks!

BassFace
    Participant

Ok,

So I did a short test with a 1 GB passport…..the recording was much shorter but the waveforms popped right up. I’ll be able to test this in more detail with the band in the studio this Friday.

I guess it pays to research a little for drive type before expecting great results. I have several of these passports and the 1 GB standard (non Ultra) was the one that was successful and I believe, approved on the A&H site.

Best,
    J

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

So the file plays ok, but doesn’t draw a waveform?

Does any other software render it properly (Audacity maybe)?

BassFace
    Participant

Bob – Not sure about other DAW’s I don’t use any.

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Well,

Try looping to a clean track…

There must be some missing samples and pt is puking on it…

If it plays, play it and record it “real time” not a bounce to a new track…should work from there…

Ive seen this on other files, never from a qu…

LKY

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.