Q-24 frozen with 7 QU-you mobiles

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Q-24 frozen with 7 QU-you mobiles

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David J. David J. 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David J.
    David J.
    Participant

Hi, this weekend I start to work with a QU-you in my band in a QU-24 with AR2412, 7 musicians with 7 mobiles QU-you installed (1 iphone, 6 Android). Two of them has a problems connection but finally works. The problem was in the check sound when the QU-24 was frozen for 4 times, and when I turn off and after on, works again. I could see that some of the times QU froze, was when someone is reconnect again a QU-you, I don´t know if was a casuality. Sound was not interrupt any moment, but screen , metres and faders doesn´t respond. One of the frozen time, was restart alone after half a minute. In the show, I only allow them to connect 3 mobile, for security and no have any problem.

Anybody knows? Thnx!

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

You have not given enough information.

What router are you using?

How have you set up your network?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

do you have an iPad as well? can’t recall the connection limit, nor the result of exceeding it.

David J.
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the answers. I use a Zyxel P660HW, the same I use with my GLD remote and QUpad (always with dropouts in QU16 and 24, not in GLD) by ipad. The problem was detecting working in QU24, didn’t try in QU16, but will be the same, I suppose. Working with QUpad, never I had a freeze problem in my QU16 or 24 mix. Btw, I think the QU24, should not freeze for connect to much mobiles, I think that have to resist 7 at least, the same number of aux sends, isn’t it?

I doubt that the guilty be the router, It works well in GLD and Behringer X32 from other company that I checked. I need a help because the band would like to continue with this system.

Thank you!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

“Note – Current firmware supports up to two iPads running Qu-Pad and up to 8 iPhones, iPads or iPod Touch devices running the Qu-You monitor app, with a maximum of 8 iOS devices in total.”

No indication of the result of exceeding this. But if you lose the connection, without closing it properly, and try again you may well hit “too many” connections on the QU.

I’d hope it would just be rejected, but we’d have to ask A&H what the result is…

David J.
    Participant

After chech with a different router (Huawei) Problem persists. In my case, is not possible work with 7 mobiles together, QU-24 still freeze several times when all people connect, and not stable connections. I think the problem is not the router, we have to change to work with a X32 with the same routers and mobiles without problems. Shame, I like QU

Hope A&H reads this post to find a solution. Thanks you all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.