PTP audio from the gigaACE connection

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions PTP audio from the gigaACE connection

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dub_Daddy
    Dub_Daddy
    Participant

I have a DANTE card in my Stagerack and a GIGAACE in my C1500. Would be amazing if it would be possibe to have a PTP audio from the gigaACE connection for multitrack to a computer =)

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Maybe I am not getting your question.
    Why not use Dante for multitrack to a computer? Every suitable I/O connected to GigaAce can be routed to Dante.

Profile photo of Dub_Daddy
    Dub_Daddy
    Participant

The Dante card that is in the mixrack is used on Stage for the artist. So if the posibility to “unlock” the giga ace port so you can connect a computer for recording / VSC would be fantastic. =)

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

I doubt A&H would write a driver for computers so that they can act directly as a I/O device. Too much trouble involved like different OS or ports they would have to troubleshoot. And actually that’s what we have Dante or Waves cards for, no?

But sure, you can ask!

Until then, maybe run a second CAT cable from stage to FoH, depending on the Dante card and the needed channel count for the artist on stage?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I also think splitting off the Dante to FOH is the best solution. You can send Dante channels to more than one device at a time, so your artist on stage could be manipulating their Dante feeds while you record the same channels at FOH.

If you aren’t running a redundant connection between the mixrack and the artist, you can simply use the other Dante plug in the I/O card for this purpose. If you are running redundant or have otherwise maxed out those connections, a simple “dumb” 4 port network switch will work fine. I currently use several old consumer grade routers for this very purpose. Of course you need to turn off the DHCP service and Wifi, but otherwise they work great to connect a few Dante devices on a “Dante Only” network arrangement.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.