Protocol documentation about gld editor

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Protocol documentation about gld editor

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of PatrLind PatrLind 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of castorls
    castorls
    Participant

Hi,

I’m an user of GLD80 but a lot of musicians which i’m working with use android tablet in stage. They have already ask for a android version of iMix but you have already answer that the android platform may have a lot of different device, which complexify the developement.

All my musicians have samsung 10.1 tablet, so I’m developping an custom iMix equivalent for theses devices.
    I’ve looked at you midi over TCP protocol described in your documentation and I can correctly set some data (like aux fader) from an android device. I can also receive midi event, to update the android device.

It’s missing some features in midi over TCP functionnalities, features presents in gld editor (specially initial state of faders and assignment of aux). So to understand, I’ve captured the network traffic between GLD80 and the computer which run GLD editor. I can see that the used port is different (51321) and that the protocol seems to be close from this described in midi over TCP.

Before doing reverse engineering of this port, in order to develop my iMix equivalent application, I ask you if any documentation are available about this protocol.

Could you indicate me, where I can find the documentation about that ?

Note: As thanks, I’m free and OK to give you the development (as is when it will be finished) or to publish on github (or any other platform) “as is” if others customers of GLD 80 are interested in.

Best regards,

Ludovic SMADJA

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Ludovic,

The protocol you are referring to is known to us as AH-Net. We don’t publish specs of this protocol for several reasons, including possible security implications. We might consider adding a GET command to the public MIDI / TCP protocol, which interrogates the state of the mixer, but I have to say this is not high in our priority list for future firmware releases, sorry.

Profile photo of jammiejammie
    jammiejammie
    Participant

This is an exact request i requested earlier.

For any serious third party app or integration with apps to work (in my case a IEM control application), we have to be able to get the current send levels of the aux. But you should actualy be able to request all the states of the GLD as much as possible.

Ludovic, if A&H is not going to help us provide this, maybe we could work on reverse engineering the protocol together. It doesn’t look encrypted or anything in my first attempt to sniff the ports.

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Did you ever get anywhere with your efforts on the AH-Net protocol? I’m sure that future readers of this topic would be interested to know where you got to – I certainly would. Also, I see that somebody has just made a start on the ACE protocol (https://github.com/Ramzeus/ah_ace_protocol). Is that one of you?

Profile photo of PatrLind
    PatrLind
    Participant

Oh, that was fast. That would be me. I wanted to do a recording of a show and I did a weekend project in order to read the data. The budget was almost zero (charity work) and no Dante card was available. I was successful in making the recording, there might be some packets dropped, but I have not yet detected it in the wave files I made.
    I hope A&H don’t mind me putting my research online, nobody other that people who know exactly what they are doing should attempt to record anything of the ACE connection (in my opinion anyway). The reason is that the quality cannot be guaranteed and also you might also destroy your whole show by making the ACE connection unstable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.