ProFactory Presets for the SQ5

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions ProFactory Presets for the SQ5

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ChrisLA1 ChrisLA1 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Facethewolf
    Facethewolf
    Participant

Originally I was told that my church was getting a Qu16 board. I did a lot of research on the Qu series. That’s when I found and downloaded the Profactory presets. I think the concept is awesome. Imagine my surprise when a SQ-5 showed up. I like the SQ series better, but suddenly my downloaded drivers and such were irrelevant.
    I still wanted to use the Profactory Presets, though, so I crossed my fingers and loaded them onto the usb drive. The board did not see them. Am I doing something wrong? Are the Qu presets incompatible? What would it take to make them compatible with the SQ series. It seems strange to go through all that work of making them only to have them compatible with one series.
    I am still learning my way around the board, but it’s growing on me.
    Sincerely, Sean

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Sean,

The Qu and SQ series share many similarities, especially when it comes to surface layout and processing GUI’s.
    Under the hood however, they are very different beasts – so saved data (Shows/Scenes/Libraries) are not compatible across the two.

The ProFactory presets for the SQ platform are being worked on, though they require Library archiving to/from USB which is something that will be included in a future firmware.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of JoelKlein
    JoelKlein
    Participant

What is ProFactory presets?

Profile photo of Cadmiel
    Cadmiel
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Regarding the ProFactory presets for the SQ, are they ready or will they be ?
    I was using them on the QU series and they are very helpful.

Best regards,
    Cadmiel

Profile photo of PGW
    PGW
    Participant

So – when will we see the ProFactory presets for the SQ-series?
    It´s been a while since the last update on them.

Or have they been ditched?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@PGW

We worked with Audix this year on an updated set of presets and made them available for Qu, SQ and Avantis.
    You can find them here – https://www.allen-heath.com/profactory-presets/

AT, sE, Sennheiser and Shure will hopefully be ported over soon 🙂

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of PGW
    PGW
    Participant

Nice Keith, thanks for a very quick answer and info, much appreciated!
    I don’t have any Audix mic’s myself but tried them out with my Shures for fun.

After uploading/installing a couple of them I noticed that the delete button is “greyed” out when a SQ-preset is selected while it is usable when a USB-preset is selected – intentional or possibly an oversight?
    I would prefer to be able to delete both or at least the SQ-stored preset via the SQ-screen – the USB-preset can be deleted from any computer.

Anyhow – I hope everyone’s had a great x-mas and will have a marvellous new year!

Profile photo of ChrisLA1
    ChrisLA1
    Participant

Are there any plans to expand the factory presets for the SQ line?
    If not, perhaps create or facilitate a user-contributed preset exchange?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.