Problems with Local I/O connections

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Problems with Local I/O connections

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DavidCo DavidCo 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John Y
    John Y
    Participant

Hi All
    Have problems with my QU24 (running V1.73 and AR2412) (Still under warranty)

This is reoccurring problem. Saved scene with local I/O connections. Reopen scene later and have to change all I/O to Local when not using D snake. 4 or 5 random channels will not have the Local connections active even with all local connection. The only remedy to get the random channels back has been to do a hard reset of console. This is a major and time consuming problem.
    (the last time this occurred channels 6,8,9 & 11 would not work on local even with local selected)

Just retested console with D snake I/O selected and all channels work. Changed back to all Local I/O and channels 6,8,9 & 11 would not work again.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Are those channels “safed”?

Profile photo of John Y
    John Y
    Participant

Just checked, all channels are not safed

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Could you check if toggling the Local phantom power addresses the issue?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I had something like this happen, and found – eventually – that the switching on and off local phantom did indeed sort it out (the mics in question do not require the phantom).

Several attempts to replicate the problem since have failed so I was beginning to think I may have imagined it, but it look like I didn’t.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

MarkPAman: Can you confirm which version you were running?

DC

MarkPAman
    Participant

Hmmmmm

I wrote 1.73 immediately, but now I think about it, I remember I did wait a little before I installed it and can’t remember if this gig was before or after.

Sorry – not a lot of help.

Profile photo of John Y
    John Y
    Participant

Hi Nichola

I did try toggling the phantom power off and on and it seem to fix the issue, this time.
    What would be the fix so it does not happen again?

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

John,

Was your dSNAKE rack connected at the time? If so, regardless of selected source does your scene have dSNAKE phantom power on the affected channels?

(let’s define an affected channel as those muted by the following procedure: dSNAKE connected, reset mix settings, power cycle desk, recall scene in question)

DC

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

MarkPAman,

Could you confirm or deny that it was definitely on firmware v1.71 or newer?

DC

MarkPAman
    Participant

OK – after a lot of head scratching & checking my diary I have decided that I’m about 95% sure it would have been an older version than 1.71.

Now I come to think of it – it mast have been 1.70 as I was using 2 iPads

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Ok, that’s good news.

Can we assume you also did not have any dSNAKE device connected, or at least any affected sockets were marked N/C?

DC

MarkPAman
    Participant

Yes you can.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

MarkPAman: In that case, your problem has almost certainly been resolved by the fix included in v1.71 and above.

John Y: If you’re able to respond to my query regarding your situation, it would be welcomed. Could you also tell us with certainty that you were running firmware v1.71 or newer?

DC

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.