Problems with firmware 1.6 – Critical.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Problems with firmware 1.6 – Critical.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andrescarbonel
    andrescarbonel
    Participant

I have a QU16, im upgrade the firmware to version 1.6 without problems.

During a live show, when the console just passed 0db on the Master, the sound goes inward like as if limiting itself. or as if he had a lit limiter.

after doing tests before the show, im downgrade the firmware to version 1.5 and the problem did not exist more, I had no problem with sound,

The point is that, with version 1.5 can not use my ipad app.

I will try filming a video showing them promptly detail to which I refer.

Any of you has the same problem?

Greetings from Argentina.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Not here – was there a compressor set on the output?

Profile photo of andrescarbonel
    andrescarbonel
    Participant

Nothing on output.
    the sound just come inside (like a hard limiter) when pass the 0db on the master, just for a couple of seconds and then returns.
    I realize a hard reset of the console and nothing, but when downgrade to version 1.5 everything turns normally again.
    I dont have the problem with the firmwre 1.5
    Im spect the new firmaware release urgently.
    thanxs for your response Bob!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

1.6 isn’t exactly new…

I’m interested to know what you mean by “come inside”, it’s not a term that has an obvious meaning for me (but it probably has more meaning to me than anything you wrote in Spanish would).

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

When I first read this thread this sounds like an immediate drop in volume once the LR fader reaches 0db. Something like one side of the PA goes into protection (particularly if signal returns after few seconds) or similar… Just to get an idea how I understood the description…
    Even a limiter would start ducking the signal somewhat softly when reaching the threshold level and shouldn’t be that dramatic…

Anyway: Can’t replicate that…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.