Problems with Dante card

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Problems with Dante card

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of johaennsan johaennsan 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of johaennsan
    johaennsan
    Participant

Hi,
    we recently got a (used) Dante card installed in our GLD at my church. We use it to connect to our livestreaming setup and for multitrack-recording.
    Card is correctly installed, DVS on all computers, stable network connection. Latency is well in ceck, all devices recognize each other.
    Though when recording (or streaming), we will get a bad sample on a random channel every few seconds. Of course this is annoying and we wish to get rid of this issue somehow. I just hope we didn’t get a bad card.
    Picture attached shows a record on Adobe Audition with no signal passing the console.
    I get this issue while recording from the GLD all the same on different PC’s, with different softwares, with each of the primary and secondary port of the card connected (in switched mode)
    I don’t get this issue as long as signal is not coming from the GLD (so, between PC’s or from any PC to the GLD)
    Anyone any idea ?
    Thanks
    J

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    johaennsan
    Participant

I need to correct myself: I just found out i get the same “clicks” when playing back into the GLD from a PC
    J

Profile photo of Jonathan
    Jonathan
    Participant

Do you have the sync clock (or whatever it’s called) set to use the Dante card? You don’t want it to be set to internal if I remember correctly. Are you getting any errors in the Dante controller software?

johaennsan
    Participant

Thank you. Feel really dumb now. Of course the symptoms where obviously clocking issues.
    Everything working fine now.
    J

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.