Problem with QU 32 channels going out then coming back on.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Problem with QU 32 channels going out then coming back on.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of webe123
    webe123
    Participant

We have a QU 32 at our church. I am NOT the sound guy, just a guitar player at our church. But recently we have had some problems that this community may be able to help us out on. For some reason, recently as in just weeks apart, we have been having a couple of channels go out COMPLETELY (No Monitor (Headphones) or mains) and then have the volume of the channel come back up slowly and back to full blast! The other channels did just fine while this was happening. Our bass player first experienced this problem, he had no sound at all and he thought it was his direct box…we had a new one lying around so he used it and nothing! Then all of a sudden on it’s own…the channel started to come up in volume very slowly..they had to try to raise the overall volume of the channel because it was so low. Then all of a sudden….it came up at full volume about blowing our ears off when it did! There was no compression or effects of any kind used on that channel. It just came up on it’s own. This was a couple of weeks ago. Then today, my guitar did exactly the same thing! I could get NO volume on my guitar in the monitors or through the mains. Then after church, we was looking at it to see what it could be and the channel does exactly what the bass guitar did…have a low noise at first and then come back to full volume! We do not know enough about this board to know what in the world is happening….but something to note….we are using two analog snakes on either side of the stage. And the guitar and bass are on opposite sides. So that means they are hooked up into TWO different snakes. SO I think the problem goes back to the settings on the board. This just recently started to happen…we have never had this happen before. Anyone have any idea what it could be??

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Is the bass guitar Di active or passive/does it need phantom power?
    Is your guitar using a mic or a DI?

For a test the next time an input is dead plug into another channel and see if it works.

Try a full mixer reset.

Check that the ducking is not turned on on those channels.

Is any at the board when this happens?

Profile photo of webe123
    webe123
    Participant

The bass does use a battery for active pickups.I do not think it uses phantom power…I don’t know. My guitar is going through my axe fx II and out of that into the snake.

We will try another channel if it happens again.

I will get them to try a full mixer reset…but does it remove all of the settings we have for our band?

Ducking?? What is that??

And yes someone is working the board if that was your question.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

IF you try the full mixer reset first back up your scenes as a show file
    to a USB stick then you can load them back into the mixer.
    However if there is some set up glitch in the save scenes that are causing the issue
    you’ll end up with the same thing.

The ducking function can be set up where one input controls the muting or level of other channels.
    Also in the set up menu check that the automatic mixer function is turned off “AMM” .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.