Problem with faders returning to previous settings

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Problem with faders returning to previous settings

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David Haughton David Haughton 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of skippy
    skippy
    Participant

Ok been using my QU 24 for two years but mostly in our reheasal space for the last 6 months, have the most recent updates loaded, took it took a big outside gig this evening using ar2412 with allen and heath eithernet cable, and was having issues when we changed from either mixes, layers, or to fx’s and back to LR mix it would change the previous settings that we had at sound check, and also changed a few mix settings. very strange, at first I thought maybe someone changed it on there ipads, but everyone in the band ussues QUyou. I have a security pass word set up for admin, ect.. so whats going on..??? we finished the show but our mixer guy just stayed on the main layer most of the night in fear of big changes.. what should I do next? in the studio I am using a snake not the ar, but I dont think that could cause it. I have a QUpac also but havent giged with that since the latest update either..never had and issue till now. Little worried.

Profile photo of skippy
    skippy
    Participant

Was a little late when i posted this last night, but when the problems accured the fader went all the way down to 0db, channel 1 was doing it repetively and a stereo linked channel also, but what was weird is when you went to push the fader up again it had resistance, more than normal, i tried saving the scene and then recalling it, three tries later it returned to its previous sound check position..another thing i forgot about was when i swithed over from local to dsnake the order of all the channels were all screwed up, i had to go redo them all… that might of been me but i dont recall changing that…anyways any thoughts of what i should try would be appreciated. Little bummed right now..

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Zero or infinite attenuation?

What firmware version? What connections over IP?

A&H – any chance of a connections list screen with the network info and what device is connected on what protocol?

Profile photo of skippy
    skippy
    Participant

The faders went all the way down to 0 the very bottom of the board. Yesterday I set the desk back up in our studio “No dsnake” Just analog snake attached and no issues yet, but I did perform a calibration on the fader which I don’t think I have ever done in 2 years, two or three were really lagging in movement at first, I did it a couple of times and then they were all good. How often should you Calibrate the faders? Could that have been an issue or could it have been something else? Being that it effected the main mix faders only,couldn’t you rule out any issues with router function. The firmware is 1.90 by the way..

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

This was a problem a while back for me – can’t remember the firmware version but it was around a year ago. It was mainly the linked channels from what I can remember. I had it happen to me at a show – I actually watched faders on my QU16 moving on their own and thought a ghost had entered my mixer during the night!. A&H fixed the bug with the next firmware update and the problem went away. No D snake used at that time.
    However, V1.9 has been rock solid for me.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Zero is technically near the top of the faders, that’s why I asked.

It does sound like the linked faders bug – any links of anything else particular to these channels?

Profile photo of skippy
    skippy
    Participant

Maybe I should try reloading version 1.9.. How would I go about doing so, do I reload the previous version then 1.9?

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

@1longcj Hi Skip, I recommend backing up the scene/show to USB, then trying a hard reset first and loading the scene file again.
    If this doesn’t work then try reinstalling the firmware.
    Let us know how you get on.
    Thanks.
    Harry.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.