Problem with 2TRK out right channel

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Problem with 2TRK out right channel

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TALE
    TALE
    Participant

On “2TRK out” on my qu-16, right channel is very low in comparison with left. This problem is just with “2TRK out” Please see my sample video. Thanks

Sample video 2TRK out problem

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Great video evidence!

The only suggestion I can offer is to thoroughly clean the 1/4″ 2Trk output jacks with something like DeOxit on a nylon brush. I use baby bottle nipple brushes from the drugstore..

If a cleaning doesn’t fix it, it’s time to file a support ticket and procede from there.

Profile photo of TALE
    TALE
    Participant

You’re right and your proposal is OK. But if you need to clean exit. Mixer was purchased on 01 February. Now the dealer tells me that you need to send an authorized service. I do not understand a new mixer expensive 15 days old and already in service

Dick Rees
    Participant

These things happen. It could be as simple as a poor solder connection to that jack or possibly something coming unseated during shipping. These things travel thousands of miles via multiple carriers.

I think you’re lucky to have found the problem early, actually. I’m sure it will be a warranty claim. And the video is good enough for any A&H personnel to get right to work on it.

Best of luck.

Profile photo of TALE
    TALE
    Participant

Thanks Dick As you said i will be lucky when solving the problem. All the best

Profile photo of TALE
    TALE
    Participant

This is the response from the service. The reason was that the mixer and amplifier were switched to a different stage and I’ve gotten feedback current through cable carrying audio. Will I protect mixer if using Palmer Line Isolators. greeting

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dick Rees
    Participant

So was there an electrical current applied to the mixer via the 2-track connection?

If you are interfacing the Qu mixer to another or other systems, then yes, I would place isolation transformers in between. For me that is Standard Operating Procedure…SOP.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.