Pro Tools automation

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Pro Tools automation

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SimonVB SimonVB 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gary
    Gary
    Participant

When doing automation with the SQ-6 in Pro Tools, the faders write very very sloppy, jagged automation curves. WAY too many points on the curves and the faders jump around a clack on playback. Even with automation thinning set to maximum it’s still super sloppy. Can this be smoothed out? Anyone else getting this behavior?

Profile photo of Gary
    Gary
    Participant

Bump. No one?

Profile photo of SimonVB
    SimonVB
    Participant

Hi
    I found this post when looking for a solution for the EXACT same problem.
    I’m writing automation into Pro Tools using Allen & Heath MIDI Control as a HUI peripheral.
    The SQ seems to write ‘jagged’ automation, placing too many points. Also, the fader doesn’t jump back to its position when released, even though I’m in ‘touch’ mode. Static changes or pre-written automation in Pro Tools makes the fader respond fine, so the setup is working. It’s just when writing automation that this issue occurs.

Attached are two screenshots. The first shows the jagged automation with too many points.
    The second shows the difference between an automation written with a Pro Tools fader controlled by the mouse, and with an SQ fader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m on an Apple Mac Studio M1 Max, macOS Monterey 12.7.1, using an SQ5 with firmware version 1.5.9 r4117 and fader version 0.35, communicating via Allen & Heath MIDI Control version 2.01.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.