Prices keep falling on us

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Prices keep falling on us

This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dcongdon dcongdon 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The Qu16 I bought has lost 10% on its new price in Europe within the last three months. Their wise sales guy “Alex” wrote here somewhen “I dare to call that a smart investment”.

Of course. What a smart investment. Before and of year 25% price fall? Are these units supposed to be as disposal as laptops or mobiles?

Now I know how people in the US felt when they lowered the price by 500USD by the end of the last year. What a way to piss off customers.

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

Isn’t that the way it is with most audio equipment? I was one of the early adopters and felt a little begrudged when they dropped the price but that’s showbiz.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

the 24 is dropping some more because the 32 is out, Im sure in a year that 32 will be 2800

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

and keep falling…

Profile photo of nilsemil
    nilsemil
    Participant

Sure, at some point this becomes important. I guess they do their best.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

my 16 is made in UK did they start making them in China to lower the price? I rather pay a little extra and have the very best compact mixer with no corners cut.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

My QU-16 was one of the first released here and made in the UK, will hopefully have better resale value than Chinese made equipment.

🙂

mamerica
    Participant

The UK units are probably better build quality but the early models had a problem where they would produce an audible Pop when plugging in a mic (even while muted). It’s in all the release notes. I sent mine in for repair and they replaced it with a Chinese unit. The new one works fine and no more pop!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

V1.5 eliminated phantom pop problem also.

mamerica
    Participant

I want my UK Unit Back!

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Must be honest, I never experianced that even before V1.5, only positive things so far to say about the desk, excellent.

🙂

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

really the new ones are not made in UK??

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I Have heard the quality control is excellent from China and that rejection rate goes down with the Chinese production runs.
    Equipment goes out of date pretty quick these days.
    The planet is a different place now.
    Cost of equipment goes down.
    only Land appreciates.
    Its nice to have new equipment however they are just tools of the trade.
    The cost of changing from Analogue consoles has been quite huge for myself
    I held out right until the end not wanting iLive or the GLD
    as I used to repair computers in the field 30 years ago.
    And looking in the backs of iLives etc gave me the ….
    However the QU changed all of that.
    SO i’m down to just 3 Analogue desks now.(plus the new QU’s)
    as I say I lost money changing over.
    It’s just business. win some loose some…

However I do have an original QU16 and they have black screws holding the faders up
    up. The Chinese QU’s have silver screws.

So this particular post was about prices falling..
    If I wait until next year will the QU32 and the GLD be any cheaper?
    Probably….
    The digital revolution is exponential

sorry to crash this post here
    Does any one know where I can find a detailed explanation of how to connect Dante 2x GLD112 together (for a digital split) (FOH & Monitors) with using the AR2412 and AR08. I don’t have access to the GLDs but need to pre-read before I order anything.

cheers

dave NZ

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The deflation keeps going on… 12% price fall in six months. I wish I had waited longer before buying 🙁

Profile photo of zcandee
    zcandee
    Participant

I know, how dare Allen & Heath. First they start adding features with firmware updates and now they are optimizing production and passing the savings along to their customers!?!?

I knew I should have went with Behringer, they know how to manage my expectations by never lowering prices, keeping quality consistently low, and never adding features.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.