Pressing the select button twice to go back to last selected channel

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Pressing the select button twice to go back to last selected channel

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

Would be nice only having to press the select button a second time to go back to the last selected or back by default to master LR sel button channel just like it does with the mix buttons. My main reason for asking this is since we can’t use the Fader Flip while without selecting a mix master first, I think it would be faster for me.

Oh and while I’m at it, pressing two or more Sel buttons to link the faders temporaly just for level control.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

pressing two or more Sel buttons to link the faders temporaly just for level control.

That is a very good idea!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Sort of a temporary DCA (only with actual motorised movement rather than a digital delta?)
    An interesting concept, one I’m not quite sure what the value is over a DCA – I suppose I could group the band and pull them all down as I raised the master fader???

Hitting select should always select that channel, I can see the value of “return to last channel” but the “return to last mix” isn’t that, it’s “return to LR” (at least I *think* it is). So which channel get’s “priority”?

In another thread I pointed out that Fader Flip has no role in a channel, so it should just apply to whichever mix is selected at a given time – thus negating the “double button” aspect.

BLKGHOST
    Participant

In another thread I pointed out that Fader Flip has no role in a channel, so it should just apply to whichever mix is selected at a given time – thus negating the “double button” aspect.

This is what I actually want. It would return you to the Sel of the master LR (like the mix buttons return you to the mix LR). Return to the last used channel was just an extra :). I just want a faster way to go back to the GEQ. So your idea of using the Fader Flip at anytime would be great and preferable over the “tap Sel” twice.

Sort of a temporary DCA (only with actual motorised movement rather than a digital delta?)
    An interesting concept, one I’m not quite sure what the value is over a DCA – I suppose I could group the band and pull them all down as I raised the master fader???

Exactly that; a temp DCA. For the DCAs, you need to set them up. Don’t want to have to do that just for a quick use once in a while but I think I’d be quite happy if the DCA actually had motorized movement. I like to keep my master on unity so yes if I need to lower the whole band, I`d prefer to do it on the channel strips.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

DCA’s explicitly don’t move the faders – I can tend to grab enough faders (and or have “likely” DCAs set up).
    I’m still struggling to see where/when I’d actually use such a grouping.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Having slept on it I can see the value, but can also see myself really screwing up – by leaving the channels grouped when I shouldn’t or accidentally ungrouping them.

BLKGHOST
    Participant

Having slept on it I can see the value, but can also see myself really screwing up – by leaving the channels grouped when I shouldn’t or accidentally ungrouping them.

The idea was to have them grouped just for that use (You’d see the Sel buttons lighted up for the chosen channels). They would ungroup when pressing another Sel.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yep, that’s how I saw it working, I can just see myself making a right pigs ear of using it…
    Then again I can make a pigs ear of pretty much anything…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.