'Press to hold' option for Aux/Fx mix selection keys

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions 'Press to hold' option for Aux/Fx mix selection keys

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KilianB KilianB 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JFES
    JFES
    Participant

The mix selection keys that select between the Main LR, Aux and Fx mixes are configured as a latching switch action. We have noticed that some live sound techs make the mistake of selecting an Aux or Fx mix, getting distracted and coming back to the desk to modify a Main mix issue only to realise that they have made unintended changes the Aux mix by mistake.

It would be great to have the option of momentary (press to hold) action on all the Aux and Fx mix selection keys. That way when you weren’t changing an Aux or Fx mix it would default back to the Main LR mix.

We searched for this feature in “Setup > Surface > Surface Prefs” without any luck.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

There is no momentary option.

In the left upper corner of the display you can see witch mix is selected.

This is more a disiplin problem, if the sound engineer is doing soundcheck, let him do his duty.

My personal opinion.

Richard

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

we don’t want to change that because we use it since 15 years now

Profile photo of JFES
    JFES
    Participant

I’m not proposing we change the default behavior, just looking for the option of momentary switching.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

As an option, I’d like this too.

I guess the question is would it return to L&R when you release the button, or to the last selected mix? I’m thinking the former would be confusing, the latter would be more logical and useful.

Interestingly the Chanel to All Mixes button does not latch. Guess I could use this as another opportunity to request that it’s added as a foot switch option 😉

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the behavior is the same on all series, Qu, SQ, Avantis, dLive, GLD and iLive

so I highly recommend not change this (or add an option)
    unless we are sure that it gives a clear benefit and does not interfere with long time operation principles

this is a main workflow principle, we should handle very carefully

Profile photo of KilianB
    KilianB
    Participant

I agree with Mark.

Momentary mix selection could come in handy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.