Preamp Metering

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Preamp Metering

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of drae drae 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of robertsonm84
    robertsonm84
    Participant

I’d love to see on the Mixrack setup (or a second Meters Tab) preamp metering. If Someone plugs into the mixrack and that preamp isn’t assigned, there’s no way to see it on the surface. The meters tab only monitors the channel.

Yes, preproduction is where you would catch this. Yes I should have stuff patched ahead of time.

Sometimes things don’t go as planned and in a pinch to look at a dancing meter specific to a preamp would be helpful.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

if i haven’t assigned a preamp to a channel, then i can’t get it into the system.
    so the preamp is not relevant for me.
    why should i be able to monitor it then?

if you wanted to monitor all 800 possible inputs, that would be a very confusing thing to do.

Profile photo of robertsonm84
    robertsonm84
    Participant

If I’m looking for it in a pinch? Some one plugs it into the wrong patch or mislabeled. I have click/track come from different sides of the stage depending on where the drummer is setup. Sometimes the patch gets done incorrectly. Rather than tracing cables to see where it is (I don’t have an A2) and I’m short on time it would be nice to see meters dancing. Similar to lighting up a port on a mix rack from a surface.

Again. This is what preproduction/rehearsal are for. Just thought it should be a simple enough indication for specific cases.

Wolfgang
    Participant

I get what you mean.
    but in my opinion it would really not be helpful to want to show all possible inputs.

possible solution:
    create a scene in which you patch all your usable inputs to channels. then you can display 128 inputs.
    that would be an intermediate idea, wouldn’t it?

Profile photo of JFug
    JFug
    Participant

Actually. I could see where this would be super helpful in festival situations. DigiCo already does it. You can go to the input patch screen and it shows all available inputs with any active inputs with meters so you can see what inputs have channels.
    If A&H could do something similar somehow. That could actually be really cool.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

yes that would be very helpful, Yamaha has some similiar indicators in the Dante patch…

Wolfgang
    Participant

for 800 inputs?

Profile photo of drae
    drae
    Participant

It would be handy if a small green circle could indicate activity (even showing clipping channels in red).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.