Power loss, recovering Qu-drive files?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Power loss, recovering Qu-drive files?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

I was recording a gig the other day and the power was cut off on me before saving the last set! How can I recover the audio? I tried Disk Drill recovery app, and it recovered some files from a previous gig, but did not find the newer ones. Any tips?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

The official recovery procedure is described here: Qu-Drive Recording Recovery Procedure
    If you already used another tool, that procedure may no longer work.
    In any case you should see the files within the directory path and they should be empty (since the headers were not updated correctly due to the power loss). If you do not see the files, some other, maybe automatic, “recovery” mechanism may already have eliminated them. The more modern OS you’re using, the more likely you have such “intelligent” auto-recovery running in the background.
    Tip for the future: Always run Qu+dSnakeStuff via USV…

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

USV = UPS

-Tim T

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Yeah, this wasn’t a paid or critical recording, but one I’d like to have. Is there a Mac recovery untility? I don’t use windows…

Thanks,
    <L>

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I guess the Mac auto-“recovers” immediately when connecting a drive. Once happened, its probably too late for real recovery…
    The pure samples are still there, but without knowledge of the cluster chaining (FAT content) recovery of the files probably only can be made manually.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.