Possible faulty channel

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Possible faulty channel

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Darkmutton Darkmutton 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Darkmutton
    Darkmutton
    Participant

Can anyone offer any help before I contact A&H?

QU16 used last night for an open mic night and i had mics in channel 1&2. The mic in channel 2 was loud and clear but channel 1 was quiter and sounded slightly muffled and not as clear. Both mics and cables are the same makes but I swapped them over between channels and no difference, so not a mic/cable fault. No gates or compressors active and peq settings were copied from one to the other so both of them the same.

Is there anything else I could be missing?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’d try a hard reset, but it rather sounds like there is either a setting you missed – or that the preamp/ADC in one channel is on the way out.

A reset will make sure that there are no missed settings…

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Are you using the local inputs mic->lead->desk, or a D Snake?

Things to check that are not so obvious to see, are the DCAs, though they shouldn’t make anything muffled.

Profile photo of Darkmutton
    Darkmutton
    Participant

Cheers guys, I’m using local inputs so no D Snake to worry about. A hard reset has reduced the problem but not cured it totally although it is now at a point where I wouldn’t really have noticed it to start with.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.