Pop's when changing scene – Help needed asap

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Pop's when changing scene – Help needed asap

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jakobee Jakobee 6 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jakobee
    Jakobee
    Participant

I have a bit of a problem. I’m going on tour tomorrow with a gld 112. The show has 24 scenes, and the problem is that whenever I change scene, pops appear in the monitors AND FOH. The only way I have found to avoid it, is to SAFE the master and the 6 aux’es for monitors, and then mute them when changing scene, and then unmute them when I have done the scene change. BUT that is offcourse and issue for the show, because there will be dropouts in the sound from the show. And I have plenty of other, more important things to do during the show, than to mute 7 chanel’s before changing scenes.

I have notices that the pops are bigger, if the scene I change to, has a lot of effects going. But it’s a show with a lot of hall verbs, so I cant avoid that.

Any ideas as to how I can avoid this?

Help is much appreciated

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I can’t help with the pops, but if you have an extra DCA available make a mute group for all you ‘parts’. Might help.

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Any chance the scenes are changing the state of phantom on an open channel?

Profile photo of guma
    guma
    Participant

Same idea here. Check phantom power status on each input per scene. Are there any ghost channels open but not draged to the surface?

Profile photo of Jakobee
    Jakobee
    Participant

It wasn’t a phantom power issue. But I found the solution in changing the crossfade time to 0,4 seconds.

Thanks for the help guys..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.