Polarity reverse on aux/groups/matrix not working

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Polarity reverse on aux/groups/matrix not working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michiel
    Michiel
    Participant

Hi,
    While tuning a PA system and trying to time align the subs I wanted to reverse polarity for an auxilary. But nothing seemed to happen.
    Hooking up the output directly to my measurement system it showed no change in phase response either when activating the ‘Pol’ button. Trim doesn’t seem to affect the output either. This occurs on aux, group and matrix outputs.
    Is this a know issue?

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

Yeah I had this problem today also. Needed to fix polarity on one side of the PA. Tried to do it with the matrixes. Polarity & Trim Section is not in the signal flow. Doesnt make sense at all!
    Had to do a strange workaround…

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Both,

If you’re referring to the polarity and trim controls on the preamp section of a mix channel – these are for the mix external input (which is why they are all part in the ‘Socket Preamp’ box on screen).
    There is currently no control of output polarity, although it is on the feature request list!
    And a fader is the same as an output trim, but with more control!

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

Thanks for the answer Keith!
    I was referring to the polarity function. I had PA polarity reversed on one side and no access to the amprack. In the end I did an analog loop on the mixer back into local inputs and patched them into the „external source“ of two matrixes… It worked but isn’t nice with doubled DA/AD-conversion.
    Will we have a more convenient solution for that in the future?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hi Keith:

these are for the mix external input (which is why they are all part in the ‘Socket Preamp’ box on screen).

Is this true for the iLive as well? I can’t seem to find an explanation for these controls in any of the manuals.

-thanks, Mark

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi,

@adobslaw – It is on the request list, so we’ll be looking into it. As you hinted at, this is usually something that is set with the speaker system rather than at the mixer, though I appreciate it’s handy to have at the mixer end, especially if you’ve been locked out of the amp room and the system is set up incorrectly!

@mark-oakley – iLive has polarity switchs for both the Mix Ext In and the output socket. The polarity switch for the output socket is located at the bottom right of the ‘Outputs’ screen.
    Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.