plugins

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ganno595 Ganno595 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ganno595
    Ganno595
    Participant

Whats the best way to integrate plugins (pitch correction) with the avantis for a live streaming setup? I do have a dante card. The console is being fed via slink.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

You can get add a dedicated Waves card, or get a Dante -> Waves bridge and then run Waves plugins.

You could also use Live Professor, but I am not familiar with it, so can’t comment on connectivity, but I am guessing Dante would be an option there too.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

It may not be the best way, but you could use the insert to send a channel via Dante to a computer with DVS, do your processing there, and return the audio back via DVS to the return on the insert. There will be lots of configuring ports, network, and whatever software you are using and depending on your hardware and software you may introduce latency. But you may not have to purchase much.

Probably the best way (cost not considered) would be to get a waves card, waves server and control your plugins via a computer. Still lots of configuring but latency would be (possibly) less and easier to manage

Ganno595
    Participant

For anyone who comes along looking for the answer to this…i think i over complicated this in my head. the solution is as follows: out of the console via tielines to dante card > into computer in daw of your choice (im using audition) > thru plugin on each channel (using waves tune real time) > then routed back to console and the vocal channels are now getting their signal from dante inputs instead of Slink.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I hope you are using a hardware Dante card on the computer. Using DVS or VIA would add a lot of latency into the signal path. Those apps are great but not for inserting processing and FX into an audio path. Side-chained time based FX would be okay, but attempting to insert EQs, compressors, etc would not do too well.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Ganno595, that works as well! I agree with Scott, a physical Dante card in the computer would be ideal for latency purposes. Even using a real time plugin, there are other factors that will cause latency. I use the channel inserts because I am already using the tie lines to receive from another mixer so that option is out for me.

Ganno595
    Participant

Latency isn’t a terrible issue since it’s going out to live stream from a stand alone isolated console. I’m only using it as a plugin host to host waves tune real time…latency is less than 10ms cause I can speak into the mic in front of the monitors and its barely noticeable if at all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.