Please A&H, we need more EQ options

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Please A&H, we need more EQ options

This topic contains 42 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bob Briessinck Bob Briessinck 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

Thanks Nicola, that’s reassuring 🙂
    There are a lot of us out here that have been eagerly awaiting the goodies hinted at in 1.9 for a long time now and several suggested target dates have been missed, some by a wide margin.
    I understand the policy of keeping things under wraps about development in the works but when that development appears to stall for so much time speculation is bound to increase.
    I guess as Homer said in the Doritos commercial – “Be still my pet, the hour is nigh” 🙂 (was that really 23 years ago? :-s)

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Thanks MJC for that link to the company over AH et al.

Note to AH and wordpress.
    The image from MJCElectronics was blocking the message from NicalaA&H which was next on the page.
    There is usually space so the next message can be seen. But not this time.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Development will continue beyond V1.9.

first of all I would like to see a 1.9 release soon

MJCElectronics
    Participant

Strange, I don’t see an image at all just the word Home as a hyperlink.
    I tried to edit that as it didn’t look very descriptive to me but got trapped by the usual anti spam features so I don’t think the edit worked.
    I wish it was easier to edit posts, I’m always mistyping or wanting to add something.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the discussion about a change to the “A&H Digital Community” should pop out to a dedicated thread… I think

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

@ MJCElectronics:
    none of us is without fault 😉
    but the following procedure helps when creating a post:
    – write
    – read through again
    – then send it
    😉

EDIT:
    I am adding this sentence via the “Edit” function after I had already sent the post. So you can still intervene afterwards 😉

and to A&H:
    please give us 1.9, the current situation is bad, so we need something to have at least a little fun with.

volounteer
    Participant

@wolfgang

How?

I have never been able to edit a message after it was sent.

MJCElectronics
    Participant

I can always edit, then I get to the spam check screen that asks me a reason and gives me a little maths problem to prove I’m human.
    Fill out that screen every time but it only ever allows/commits the edit sometimes.
    I’m sure it’s not pilot error, I’d hope I can cope with a little simple addition 🙂
    Maybe I’m on a blacklist ‘cos I edit way too often, I do have a static public IP so that would do it.

@wwolfgang I do go through that process several times but often miss a typo or want to add something, getting older sucks!
    On this occasion the URL appeared in the post before submitting but was changed to “Home” after so I wanted to add something descriptive.

I feel I’ve dragged this thread way off topic and in more than one direction, sorry folks.

volounteer
    Participant

True but we already have 3 pages of folks complaining about the EQ.

it started with @tor saying it does not sound ‘nice’ to his golden ears.
    I still say the audience does not give a crap if it is not truly atrocious sound,
    which means stop distortion, keep the SPL down under the legal limits of your venue/country/media,
    and keep the DR limited so it is all easily heard.

And if it is not live they will fix the EQ for themselves on their devices so you are opening peanuts with a sledge hammer. s

More EQs wont fix anything that is truly necessary. The available EQs are more than capable of doing the job.

A poor worker blames his tools.

MJCElectronics
    Participant

I’ve got to admit I’ve never had a problem with the EQ but then I don’t tend to use much anyway.
    I’m a big believer in having decent sources through top quality appropriately selected and positioned mics and then my EQ is flat on most channels.
    Obviously you’re not always in control of the source but if it sounds awful going in then no amount of EQ is gonna fix it and you’re right about the audience, mostly they only care if it sounds like complete crap and that’s most often down to the source if you’re doing everything else right.
    If you’re desperate for specific EQs you can always buy a Waves card and insert your plug-in of choice.
    I’d rather see 1.9 and any following firmware introducing features that we can’t get another way.

volounteer
    Participant

my experience is that very little EQ is needed to sound good enough for studio work.
    far more EQ is needed for live situations to fix the room problems.
    and they will overwhelm the golden eared tweaks some folks think are needed.
    also depending on where you sit those golden eared tweaks with EQ wont make any difference at all to the audience.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I see it similarly.
    If it doesn’t sound good, the desk EQ is really the last place to look for the fault.

Profile photo of Bob Briessinck
    Bob Briessinck
    Participant

+1 on the Q option for the shelves! I also feel what you mean by the harshness of the high shelve. I have a hard time coming up with downsides to this console, but the EQ does feel a bit cold to me for some reason.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.