Please A&H, we need more EQ options

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Please A&H, we need more EQ options

This topic contains 42 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bob Briessinck Bob Briessinck 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

More PEQ bands would be great, at least on the outputs.

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

I don’t mind the built in EQ – but I agree. It isn’t anything to write home about. The only major complaint I have is that you can’t adjust the Q / slope on the shelf EQ. Thats just crazy. I think it is totally fine as a standard parametric EQ but I would love it if they would take a page from the compressor section and include vintage modeled EQ. Give me an API, Neve 1073, PulTec, SSL. Even if it used an insert slot (like Dyn8) that would be totally acceptable to me.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

+1 for EQ models even if it consumes resources. An EQ model rather than another compressor in the next major update would be great.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

That might be a matter of how to define “major update”

For version 1.9 we are waiting well over 2 year, as 1.8 was released 2019. And as far as the rumours for 1.9 are correct, I doubt EQ models being in there. But you never know.
    If we are talking of a hypothetical version 2.0, who knows what and when…

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

If we are talking of a hypothetical version 2.0, who knows what and when…

if I think back to iLive… there will never be a 2.0

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

So no more “major update” in your opinion?

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@RS

at the speed AH moves I would expect the next major update to be a brand new product line
    which was architected and designed to be cheaper to build, easier to upgrade, and powerful enough to do anything if you would pay enough to get it sooner leaving the only hurdle the manpower to crank out new features people will pay for

SteffenR
    Participant

So no more “major update” in your opinion?

I have no idea… but over two years for a firmware update is a very long time…
    the last major iLive release was 1.9 and was introduced over 2 years after 1.8

Profile photo of Ilrusso
    Ilrusso
    Participant

Maybe it’s a strategy related issue?
    Let’s assume dlives end of life is not so far away – it get’s one additional update and thats it. Then digico takes over the dlive segment and A&H focusses on mixers below the dlive?

SteffenR
    Participant

Why are you thinking DigiCo is relevant to this?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

It would not make sense and would be bad move for end of life to occur in the midst of C-19 or not too long after things start bouncing back.

I think we will see a good 1.9 update and then a new product or some type of hardware upgrade package before 2.0 if the average major update takes 2+ years.

I don’t think Digico is relevant to this, dlive is the ideal mix of price and performance, you would have to pay significantly more for an equivalent product, would not make sense for them to make a play for this segment

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

Digico suggestions are probably because (as you probably know) both A&H and Digico are owned by the same company.
    We’ve already seen some crossover of technology with DX168 style stage boxes, ME cards etc appearing in the Digico ecosystem.

Having gone though this process once with iLive (although I still have them and they still go out occasionally) I’m not looking forward to the prospect of the same happening with dLive.
    Maybe when it gets to that time we’ll get lucky and there will be a dLive update like happened with the DSP card on iLive and Quantum engines in Digico land as Brian suggests, here’s hoping.

On the subject of firmware updates I’d rather see more frequent smaller updates (following modern iterative/incremental software development processes) rather than 2 year+ waits.
    I get the economics of not being able to devote R&D man hours to a product when it gets to the time that revenue streams from sales of a product are diminished. Possibly continued development assuming there’s still horsepower available in the mixracks could be funded by paid-for updates once that stage is reached although again that would eat into sales of the new replacement product. Why does everything have to be so complicated? 🙁

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

I find that
    DiGiCo – A&H – Calrec – SSL – KLANG
    are owned by somebody but cannot find a company who owns them.
    James Gordon seems to be CEO of whatever it is though.

Do you know the actual company name?

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

The name of the Group is Audiotonix.
    There is absolutely no plan for Digico to take over the dLive segment, nor for dLive to be EOL any time soon.
    Development will continue beyond V1.9.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.