Please add support for an IP8

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Please add support for an IP8

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of cwichura cwichura 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cwichura
    cwichura
    Participant

Greetings,

I have an SQ5 in an SKB Gig Rig. This makes for a really nice portable setup. It would be awesome if the SQ supported an IP8 controller, however. That way, I could place one on a mic stand next to the Gig Rig and have a set of dedicated faders always available, regardless of what surface layer the SQ5 (with its reduced fader count to fit in 19″) is currently on.

Yes, you can sort of do this with the SQ MixPad app on a tablet, but a touchscreen is no substitute for a real tactile control surface, especially when you are manipulating it out of the side of your eye/not able to focus your (visual) attention on it.

I suspect the IP controllers are seen by A&H as something of a product differentiator for the higher tiers vs the SQ. But I really think there is a lot of synergy here for an SQ5+IP8 as a “portable”/”road warrior” configuration. I’d be happy even if the SQ had limited IP controller support, just a single IP8 (or maybe IP6 for others that might prefer that — I don’t see much use for the IP1 on an SQ). Bonus would be support for concurrent units. You could even make the IP8 a limited/fixed configuration on the SQ, where all we can do is assign channels to the faders and the buttons are fixed (like top buttons are always mute and bottom buttons are always pafl or sel).

Cheers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.