Playback using USB B is not working correct.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Playback using USB B is not working correct.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hein Hein 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hein
    Hein
    Participant

Hallo everybody,

I was trying to connect my QU-24 (firmware 1.6) with my laptop using the USB B. It did record fine but if tried to play it back it sounded like the first +/-10msec repeated. On the laptop it looked like it was playing everything. Only if i armed 1 of the tracks sometimes it works ok, but a lot of times the same thing happened.

While playback i have all my channals set to USB B.
    I use Windows 8.1 and SONAR 6 Producer Edition(x64).

Is there somebody who can tell me what i am doing wrong?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

So you were just getting a tight loop of the first snippet of audio on all the channels? Is the recording OK (listening to each track from a direct sound card)?

what length/fatness of cable?

Profile photo of Hein
    Hein
    Participant

Hallo Bob,

I am getting a tight loop of audio on all channels. Its not always the beginning of the song. If I let the song begin for example at 0:01.30 then there it happens. I have listened to every channels solo while it was looping and I could tell that it was looping that channal at that time in the song. If I hit “stop” and than “play” again then (sometimes) it plays all channals correct.

I have tried this with different files all recorded with the QU-drive. They all do the same. If I play the wav files in Windows Media Player” then there is no problem so I don’t think the files are corrupt.

The cabel that I am using is a standerd USB cabel, Length 1,5m. I don’t know the fatness of the cable but recording with it was no problem.

I just can’t understand why it sometimes is working if one track is armed for recording.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Did you try larger ASIO buffers? Not every hardware is capable to handle that quantity (2×24) of concurrent audio channels with smallest buffers.

Profile photo of Hein
    Hein
    Participant

Hallo Andreas,

I will try this soon. What is a normal size for the ASIO buffer. Its the first time I do recording so the settings in the software are all new for me.

I have added a printscreen from the ASIO settings in the software but the QU-24 was not connected at momment that I made the printscreen so maybe not all settings you see are correct.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

The buffer setting is not on that page. You should find a Qu USB Control Panel (red ampersand) in your tray, there you can check and adjust ASIO buffer sizes. If you don’t do overdubs a larger buffer (i.e. 2048) is most stable. If you like to do overdubs to your record you likely want to adjust a smaller buffer. Try 256 for example, and if that works the next smaller (128) etc.

Profile photo of Hein
    Hein
    Participant

Still no luck. I tried all buffer sizes and different options like “Safe”, “Standard”, “Riliable” etc. Does not make any difference.
    If I arm more tracks the problem is allmost gone.

Profile photo of Hein
    Hein
    Participant

Hello everybody

Its working fine when i use Reaper. So its not a hardware or driver problem but a setting in Sonar. If there is somebody with a solution plz let me know. Else i’m going to buy Reaper.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.