Playback Of Stereo Tracks 16 & 17 After Multi-Track Recording

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Playback Of Stereo Tracks 16 & 17 After Multi-Track Recording

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gato gato 5 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gato
    gato
    Participant

I guys, I’m new here and am blown away by this boards capability. I am trying to do something very simple, i.e., record multi-tracks to QU-Drive and then play back the two stereo track 16 (L) & 17 (R). I can’t seem to figure out the routing. A helpful hint would be very much appreciated. The material was recorded on tracks 1 & 2 panned left and right and they play back fine. I can play back 16 & 17 on my computer and they are fine. I just can’t seem to patch them in to the desk. I tried setting St3 to QU-Drive but silence.
    Scott

Profile photo of gato
    gato
    Participant

Oh gosh, it’s actually tracks 17 & 18 and I don’t know how to edit my post.

Profile photo of Bear
    Bear
    Participant

Select the channel and press the button above the gain knob

Profile photo of gato
    gato
    Participant

Multi-tracking records 1-16 channel inputs plus additional left and right mix channels on 17 and 18. Selecting 1-16 plus the USB button above the gain knob works great for these channels but how do I load and play back the left/right channels, 17&18? I’m sure it’s something simple but I’ve played with it for hours and watched every youtube video I can get my hands on. Perhaps the machine won’t even do this?

Profile photo of Bear
    Bear
    Participant

I found this in the manual

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I think USB 17 & 18 come back via ST3 input don’t they?

(This is for QU-16 – I think the other desks differ)

Profile photo of gato
    gato
    Participant

It’s been some labor but these are my findings so far:

Stereo Q-Drive recordings are recorded to the USBREC folder and must be manually copied over to the USBPLAY folder (using a laptop) for the QU-16 to find them. They are then played back on St3 input.

Multitrack Q-Drive recordings are recorded to the USBMTK folder and the QU-16 can find them immediately after recording (without copying on a PC) and they play back on St1.

Not many USB thumb drives are recognized by the QU-16. My Sandisk Extreme 3.1 64 GB, Cruzer, or Seagate USB hardrive is not recognized. Only my old Optima 16 GB is recognized. My PC recognizes all of the without problems. This USB weakness is for the birds and needs serious attention from Allen & Heath!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.