playback a multitrack song on qu-16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions playback a multitrack song on qu-16

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cornelius78 cornelius78 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tsmp
    tsmp
    Participant

I everyone!

I’m new in the world of the digital mixing recording desks, and I have a question/doubt concerning qu-16, I would like to know if it is possible to playback a song after a recording session (for example a multitrack song recorded on cubase in windows plataform) and playback that song on cubase and send it to qu-16 simultaneously and have it in qu-16 as you recorded it, i.e. track by track, kick on track 1, snare top on track 2, snare bottom on track 3, tom1 on track 4, and so on and so on…?

this is possible? or just in mac plataform?

thanx for your help.

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Yes, you can. It used to be Mac only, but recent firmware has added PC compatibility. You just have to set up your DAW appropriately, and have the Qu source its inputs from USB-B instead of the local preamps. Pages 23 and 61 of the manual explain this.

Profile photo of tsmp
    tsmp
    Participant

thanx for your answer and help cornelius. 😉

but the manual says that is only possible with mac, so they didn’t update the manual, but made a new firmware that extends that option also for pc with windows plataform, that’s it?

by the way, can you tell me the version of the firmware?

sorry to boring you with this, but I want to be sure that I don’t need to sell my pc and buy a mac, at this moment I don’t have ‘plafond’ for that, but I need to work with qu-16 and all that features I mentioned, and they are very important to me and the way I use to work… 😉

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Firmware v1.5 (June 2014) manual here.

According to the firmware release notes, multitrack streaming was added for Windows in v 1.4 (April 2014.)

PS: what A&H call “DAW control” (which is not actually “controlling a DAW,” but rather a program to translate MIDI messages to Mackie Control or HUI to allow you to use a Qu to control a DAW that only accepts Mackie Control or HUI) is available for Mac only, but USB multitrack streaming and DAW controlling a DAW via MIDI is available for PC. AS long as you’re only streaming audio and/or your Windows DAW can be controlled using MIDI, (as Cubase can) then you’re fine.

Edit: Apparently I fail at links.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.