Physical template for fader labels

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Physical template for fader labels

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidelsbury davidelsbury 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of davidelsbury
    davidelsbury
    Participant

Hi all,

At the end of the month I will be mixing monitors for a festival with a bunch of different bands, and using a QU-32. Saving scenes is obviously the way to go, but I was wondering if anyone has already made a template for the channel strip above the faders, so that I can remove and replace the labels per act (they all appear once over the weekend and then return for the final concert on the final night).

The Mixwizards and GL series user manuals used to have a cue sheet template (image example below), obviously there is no need for a full template for the QU but something that is already the correct size to fit above the faders would be useful – then I can print and laminate it, and all is happy.

Wizard Cue Sheet

If not, no worries, I shall have to create one and then see about sharing it 🙂

Cheers
    David

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

This sort of thing?

All credit to robbocurry.

davidelsbury
    Participant

That’s the one! Thanks for the link, of course I was using the wrong terminology 🙁 🙂

David

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Hint – magnetic paper.

Then you can slap it on and off with minimum effort and no residue. A loop of tape at one end as a “handle” will make life easier taking it off at speed as well.

davidelsbury
    Participant

Thanks for that. I’ve modified the template provided in the other thread, to add more rows (given there’s a extra 8 channels on the QU32).

I’m making 7 or 8 of these, so I’ve gone with some 250gsm paper stock which I will print up and then laminate with clear book covering – allowing me to scrawl on it with a marker and then wipe off with alcohol wipes.

Will post up some pics once I get them done, and then when I get in front of the mixer ( a couple weeks) I’ll post up some pics 🙂

Cheers
    David

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’ve used magnetic paper and then the sticky back plastic book coverings to achieve the same “scrawl and wipe” effect.

Put the plastic on the sheet, then cut it up 😉

Profile photo of nm00
    nm00
    Participant

Like this?…. @davidelsbury

Profile photo of nm00
    nm00
    Participant

Like this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    davidelsbury
    Participant

Thank you! Yes like that, but for the QU desks, and for a gig back in 2015 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.